2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's weak about 40m I'd say we're stealing from them given his attitude or distinct lack of it this season
If it was 40m up front, happy days. But 40m including add ons could be as little as 20 up front, and there's a good chance we never see the full amount. But our negotiating position with a player on striker is weak.

Probably done us out of about 10m with his little stunt.
We should've expected it considering he's been taking advice from Ross Barkley, the diamond and the starboy, rats the pair of them. Both cost the club millions despite the fact they were both crap. We should remember to keep this vitriol going when just like old Roscoe, he's looking for a club in a few years on a free and tries to get back in with us like Barkley did this summer.

I thought it was rumoured to be £50m+ ? My bad.

It was widely reported that they'd bid close to 60 because, at the time, our asking price was 60 and his agent was telling people it was a done deal. So, they put 2 and 2 together

Chelsea offered a low amount up-front because of our FFP standing and tried to spread most of it out across his contract - which would have been 6 years. Which they've done with every other deal under this new owner

Its irrelevant I suppose Chelski offered 32m up front with add ons....at the time a lot more was touted by us....oh well take the moolah n run for the hills I say....

We don't actually know that the knobs are the reason he wants out. There's all kinds of things go on behind closed doors at football clubs and given the way the club attempted to smear and vilify their own fans I wouldn't trust the current narrative being fed to journos from Everton whatsoever.

It's a constant in football. Players find themselves in a situation where continuing at a club is difficult if not impossible. Rather than confront a thorny issue or admit to wrongdoing clubs/managers know that they can portray a player as Billy Big Bollocks and the fans will lap it up.

It's always easier to blame a convenient villain than admit there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.
To be honest mate, I think it is pretty clear there is a lot wrong in the state of Denmark.

Does not prevent the opinion that AG could have handled his desire to leave quite a bit better!!

To be honest mate, I think it is pretty clear there is a lot wrong in the state of Denmark.

Does not prevent the opinion that AG could have handled his desire to leave quite a bit better!!
From the outside looking in it'd definitely seem he could have handled it better and I'm not condoning what he's doing. But any number of things could have happened where he's decided he can't or isn't comfortable going into the workplace.

I'm 99% sure he's being an arse to force a move but without *knowing* I'm not entirely comfortable with the abuse being launched his way.

I know its a business and we have books to balance etc.
But succumbing to this little farts antics tells every youth player to play for us, that they can do it and get away with it.
Would much rather we took the hit and let him rot.
Respect has to mean something.
Attitude is everything.
Ungratefulness and cocky petulance should not be rewarded.
Let him seek forgiveness, cap in and hand and get terrored until we decide to jib him off on our terms, at a loss or not, the principal should mean more.

Status
Not open for further replies.