2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we get the forum to replace pictures of Gordon with Beaker from the Muppets, the way it replaces Calvert-Lewin’s initials with his full name now?

Don't think much of him but he's one of the best of a bad bunch, bothers me though how our top talents get worse every generation.

Rooney was something special. Left for a bigger club.
Ross was alright on his day, nothing special but left for a bigger club
Gordon is usually pretty turd but he's leaving for a bigger club.

The next young prospect we hype up will probably be the love child of Niasse and the Kone

Probably done us out of about 10m with his little stunt.

Anyone who may have been interested will be looking on rubbing their hands thinking we can lower the price here. They will be desperate to get him out now.

Club needs this Gordon thing right now like a hole in the head.

Whilst £40m is laughably too much for a player of his quality, I’m still peeved that we didn’t just sell him in the summer when Chelsea were sniffing around, and apparently prepared to offer even more.

How much exactly did we turn down from Chelsea in the end, does anyone know?

Also that money could have been used on a couple of other attacking players who would likely have offered much more than this fella has since August, and we may not have now been in this absolute dump truck of a situation.

When he does finally go I hope someone on here can be bothered to open the vaults and reveal some of the people who were crying out for us not to sell him, and who were calling him our future.

Whilst £40m is laughably too much for a player of his quality, I’m still peeved that we didn’t just sell him in the summer when Chelsea were sniffing around, and apparently prepared to offer even more.

Also that money could have been used on a couple of other attacking players who would likely have offered much more than this fella has since August, and we may not have now been in this absolute dump truck of a situation.

When he does finally go I hope someone on here can be bothered to open the vaults and reveal some of the people who were crying out for us not to sell him, and who were calling him our future.
The Chelsea figure was rumoured to be around 40m.

36, paid over 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.