2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but my point is if our own fans don't want to play for us and try and win something,who does. Virtually every signing is a mercenary who treats us as a stepping stone these days.

Under Moshiri the clubs attitude has been to throw big wages at players like Delph and that doesn't inspire loyalty, only to the wage. Even Onana last summer we basically outbid West Ham on wages throwing a huge contract at him.

Moyes scouted hard for good characters and these were players who were then loyal to the club.

I'm indifferent towards Gordon as a player. If there was a decent bid for him in the summer then he should have been sold. He has something and another club in a better position have the luxury of developing him but he isn't a Rooney, not even a Barkley so no need to lose any sleep.

I just don't see the point in creating road blocks, swearing and generally hassling players outside of the ground. If I had someone in my grill whilst walking down the street after a bad day in the office then I wouldn't take to it too kindly.

Under Moshiri the clubs attitude has been to throw big wages at players like Delph and that doesn't inspire loyalty, only to the wage. Even Onana last summer we basically outbid West Ham on wages throwing a huge contract at him.

Moyes scouted hard for good characters and these were players who were then loyal to the club.
The only lad who supported us in the Premier league who never asked to go was Tony Grant from the Sparrow Hall area.The rest since all seem to prefer to sit on the bench at the top clubs.

I’ve been a fan of this club since my first game in 1967. I’m sure there’s a right way to go about being a fan too, that doesn’t involve stopping the players in the street and hurling abuse at them. Or hurling abuse at them on here.

How many of those since 1967 have gone on strike? Which is effectively what he's done. His head/heart hasn't been here since he got touted for a move.
Sorry but he has franny jeffers written all over him.
Move him on. And hopefully quickly.

I heard he was apparently really upset after an argument with Coady, and at the treatment he received when his car got stopped by fans after the Southampton match. It was in passing in the pub so not sure if there is any truth in it? Either way for me he needs to a stern word.

If his form can tail off so significantly then it's either down to attitude, i.e. had his head turned, or he simply isn't that good.

I suggest that it's a bit of both; I'd be very happy if we get anywhere near £35m and good luck to him.

I don't expect him to pull up any trees at Newcastle

Like Arteta, Pienaar and Lescott?

Status
Not open for further replies.