2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I wasn't. But I do believe, from speaking to people, because I know a lot of other journalists, that it's absolute drivel.
So you have no idea either way. This club is surrounded by secrecy and "tales from journalists" at the request of the chairman that none of us know, not you, nor me what really happened mate, it's 50/50 either way. It might well be a load of BS but it also might not be.

Good. Nobody should feel sorry for him. Everton invested time and money for him to become a millionaire and get to play at the highest level and he won’t come in and do the job he’s paid to do because a few knobs (and they were knobs absolutely) gave him a bit of stick after his rash decision lost us a game against the bottom of the league team (not justified but that’s why)
We don't actually know that the knobs are the reason he wants out. There's all kinds of things go on behind closed doors at football clubs and given the way the club attempted to smear and vilify their own fans I wouldn't trust the current narrative being fed to journos from Everton whatsoever.

It's a constant in football. Players find themselves in a situation where continuing at a club is difficult if not impossible. Rather than confront a thorny issue or admit to wrongdoing clubs/managers know that they can portray a player as Billy Big Bollocks and the fans will lap it up.

It's always easier to blame a convenient villain than admit there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.

The lad is a disgrace. Want to leave fine as you're crap anyway but to not show up to train when we pay your wage. Who does he think he is. Absolutely bang average player.
One thing I have learnt is we don't need any more Everton supporting local lads coming through the ranks, from Rooney to Barkley or Jeffers they all want off as soon as they have made it into our first team.

Wonder how much that roadblock is affecting his behaviour now
If other potential incoming players saw Mina and Gordon being harassed away from the ground then it's not exactly going to entice them to join. Aside from whatever anyone thinks about them, imagine watching fans of other clubs behave in that way towards their players. Outsiders would be laughing their heads off. It's embarrassing.

One thing I have learnt is we don't need any more Everton supporting local lads coming through the ranks, from Rooney to Barkley or Jeffers they all want off as soon as they have made it into our first team.

The money from selling those players (and Gordon now) has basically saved the club though. That's why you have an Academy.

Although without Rooney and Jeffers coming through Kenwright wouldn't have lasted as long as he did in charge.

If other potential incoming players saw Mina and Gordon being harassed away from the ground then it's not exactly going to entice them to join. Aside from whatever anyone thinks about them, imagine watching fans of other clubs behave in that way towards their players. Outsiders would be laughing their heads off. It's embarrassing.
Do you seriously think it doesn’t go on at other clubs as well, I suspect it’s a fact of life with plenty of the overpaid, over rated, prima donnas at some of these clubs - we’ve just heard about this cos’ it’s Everton!

Do you seriously think it doesn’t go on at other clubs as well, I suspect it’s a fact of life with plenty of the overpaid, over rated, prima donnas at some of these clubs - we’ve just heard about this cos’ it’s Everton!
It might happen to clubs in the lower leagues but my reference is to established Premier League football clubs. I can't imagine John Stones is heckled and all the rest of it after a game at Man City

Screenshot_2023-01-26-18-05-10-145-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

The money from selling those players (and Gordon now) has basically saved the club though. That's why you have an Academy.

Although without Rooney and Jeffers coming through Kenwright wouldn't have lasted as long as he did in charge.
Maybe, but my point is if our own fans don't want to play for us and try and win something,who does. Virtually every signing is a mercenary who treats us as a stepping stone these days.

It might happen to clubs in the lower leagues but my reference is to established Premier League football clubs. I can't imagine John Stones is heckled and all the rest of it after a game at Man City
I suspect it happens at most clubs, particularly “established” PL clubs, we just don’t hear about it and see the videos of idiot kids/children doing it, I suspect they are there if you were to go looking for them!

Maybe, but my point is if our own fans don't want to play for us and try and win something,who does. Virtually every signing is a mercenary who treats us as a stepping stone these days.

Some for sure and we are suffering for that, but I don't think the likes of Richi, Pickford or even Fellaini were that. They've carried us, and when their move came (or comes), they can leave having more than paid their dues.

Status
Not open for further replies.