2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really.

We moan we dont have young players. We mean we dont produce academy players. We moan we dont give youth a chance. We moan we dont try to keep going players.

Then we do all of the above and we moan.

Hopefully this contract gets his head straight and he kicks on for the 2nd half of the season.
Bingo.

Imagine the Gordon cranks if we let his contract run down. When they have a bee in their bonnets about a player, the club can't win.

This really.

We moan we dont have young players. We mean we dont produce academy players. We moan we dont give youth a chance. We moan we dont try to keep going players.

Then we do all of the above and we moan.

Hopefully this contract gets his head straight and he kicks on for the 2nd half of the season.

Personally moan about having zero structure to our youth products.

We either keep too long till their past their sell by date
Not develop them
Sell to soon for too little
Sell late for little in general.

Rooney, Barkley, Rodwell all sold for next to nothing (arguably)

Robinson, Ludstrum, Forshaw (all played in the prem eventually) for nothing to name a few

Wonder what the plans are for Simms, Dobin, Onyango. Especially Simms who's goal record on loan is very good

Gordon will do a Davies and sit with us till his contract runs down and leave on a free at 27 to the championship.

Personally moan about having zero structure to our youth products.

We either keep too long till their past their sell by date
Not develop them
Sell to soon for too little
Sell late for little in general.

Rooney, Barkley, Rodwell all sold for next to nothing (arguably)

Robinson, Ludstrum, Forshaw (all played in the prem eventually) for nothing to name a few

Wonder what the plans are for Simms, Dobin, Onyango. Especially Simms who's goal record on loan is very good

Gordon will do a Davies and sit with us till his contract runs down and leave on a free at 27 to the championship.
I watch a fair bit of the championship and I like Simms but he is never going to be a PL player sadly. I think he has found his level there, he just seems to be missing something imo.

Not just that, if Chelsea really want Gordon then they will just buy him regardless of his contract.

Personally don't think he'll ever be more decent/average attacker who's peak value won't be more than £30mill.

The wild numbers in the summer with Spurs and Chelsea sniffing should've been strongly considered IMO. Especially if it meant a better bid towards someone like Kudus on the back on it.

I watch a fair bit of the championship and I like Simms but he is never going to be a PL player sadly. I think he has found his level there, he just seems to be missing something imo.

Which is fine but it's now what to we do next with him? Sell while he's got a profile or give him a run in the 1st team.

That's what I'm getting at

Which is fine but it's now what to we do next with him? Sell while he's got a profile or give him a run in the 1st team.

That's what I'm getting at
He seems quite popular up there and Ross Stewart is linked with a big money move to Rangers so Id hope that they would want to use the money from that to maybe buy Simms. Knowing us, they won't, and he will come back and then go on another loan and the process is repeated till his contract runs down.

He seems quite popular up there and Ross Stewart is linked with a big money move to Rangers so Id hope that they would want to use the money from that to maybe buy Simms. Knowing us, they won't, and he will come back and then go on another loan and the process is repeated till his contract runs down.

More than likely yes. Which is why I'd like to see be firm with a plan. Take it on the chin if it pans out or not but do it when the stock is high not when they've "failed"

Dowell was one we dropped the ball on after an excellent season at Forrest. Brought him back to the first team, didn't play him, sent him back out on loan 3 times...then sold him to Norwich for about £2mill.

Also, as i mentioned in another thread.

Keep him wide left. He's still raw but offers much more on the left cutting in than playing right side.

Ideally if we bring in a couple of attackers, Gordon/Gray compete for that side.

In a better team than what we are ATM he will do very well....
He won't and we will kick ourselves for not selling him for a crazy fee he's not good enough and we have seen what his character is like after having his head turned by chelsea the one thing i liked about him last season was his attitude and workrate and both have been poor since the chelsea drama.

Are we proposing to pay Gordon 100k a week?

What a rancid club truly are.
He's clearly viewed by the club/manager as the top prospect at the club, so with all the typical bonuses and incentives in player contracts it wouldn't surprise me if he was up towards what the top earners will be on.

Either way, surely his people would have ensured any new contract will have a set release clause in it so he can move on in the summer and hopefully we can reinvest wisely in a half-decent player or two.

He won't and we will kick ourselves for not selling him for a crazy fee he's not good enough and we have seen what his character is like after having his head turned by chelsea the one thing i liked about him last season was his attitude and workrate and both have been poor since the chelsea drama.
His head would never been turned it our team were successful is in the top six not the bottom 3....

Status
Not open for further replies.