2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s what ive come to expect from him, he is what he is, a one in 6-7 games performer. The other games he is non existent almost like playing with 10 men.

He is so far off being a good PL winger.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin in the team and he doesn’t have the brain or ability to get a yard on the full back and whip crosses in.

Similar quality to Gray who we rightly paid 2m for. We need 2 new wingers in the near future.

It's just the same cycle over and over with football fans. It's tiresome

A young player gets picked and played regularly. Is madly inconsistent and has a few games being crap and the comments are out putting the boot in (not talking about just normal criticism of a bad game, and he did have a bad game)

Anybody assuming he isn't interested or trying or is arrogant or anything else are just talking through their arse as they don't know that.

If he ultimately isn't good enough he will end up a bit part squad player like Davies or will end up sold at some point. The manager will be the one judging how long to give him, it won't be Gordon doing the decision making, so all he is is a young player not currently doing very well which I thought supporters generally gave time to.

In some fans eyes, in the media and in some of the managers talk it is true he has been talked up a lot and is thought of as one of our best/key players but this has zero to do with the player and I don't see why it would make any individual fan change their assessment of the player himself as a youngster still learning.

I think it says more about some of the fans, that they cannot handle that right now none of us from week to week know how good we will be, know really how good our manager is and how good some of these players are. Sorry you can't skip to the final episode like a Netflix show, you've got to sit through all the crap along the way. Sorry for you that you have no patience if you don't get your drug of wins and goals or of performances that make you think any of our players are boss

He is crap unfortunately and needs dropping, similar to Gray which makes us a fairly useless attacking side. Too much media hype, probable fairy stories about the interest of a big club in paying money for him, and he has come to believe in the crap. It would be wonderful if he proved doubters wrong, but like Davies there are no signs he will develop into a player worth keeping except around the fringes. Maybe a year out of the limelight, on loan somewhere might help, but I doubt it.

He's still got time on his hands, he's not the finished article by any means, we shouldn't be so reliant on him. I do think we're under the cosh a lot because He and Gray can't keep hold of the ball and drive us forward. Still think he has the tools to become good but he needs help. Gray for all his skill has no end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.