2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not many wingers his age are consistently being world-beaters. He was excellent last week, ineffectual this week.

People need to forget the silly money Chelsea supposedly offered for him, Lampard believes in him and wants him here.

For me, clearly we need another winger / wide-forward to rotate. Gordon, Gray and McNeil all have their strengths but Gordon and McNeil are young and Gray will always be hit and miss.
This is impossible for some on here. As soon as it became apparent Chelsea were interested it became a case of; sell him or keep him on the condition that he's a world beater in every single game or I'm going to use it as a stick to beat him with.

Don’t know why Everton managers just can’t seem to deal with genuine threats down both wings.

Moyes hated two wingers (despite us looking great whenever Donovan played opposite Pienaar)

Martinez benched Mirallas and Deulofeu so he could play any of Naismith Cleverley Etoo Kone or Barkley there isntead.

Koeman had Barkley tucking in behind Mirallas and Lukaku

Allardyce played Siggurdson on the left wing with Walcott right

Silva didn’t always play Richarlison and Walcott

Ancelotti dropped our wingers as soon as he could.

It’s just classic Everton that as soon as we get a manager who actually plays two wingers they’re both completely bang average.

I do wonder if it's slightly down to sides who generally dont dominate possession struggle to accommodate 3 offensive players, and players who dont contribute much defensively in wide areas? Purely speculation on my part mind.

Ok. Well McNeil hasnt scored more so far has he?

I'm not sure benching our best scoring option is a good ploy currently, even though his performances are inconsistent.

McNeil and Gray need to show they are worth a place over Gordon, which I'm not seeing currently.
He's bagged 2 though one from the bench and one when he started. So he deserves a chance ahead of Gordon who has scored 3

Ok. Well McNeil hasnt scored more so far has he?

I'm not sure benching our best scoring option is a good ploy currently, even though his performances are inconsistent.

McNeil and Gray need to show they are worth a place over Gordon, which I'm not seeing currently.
Based on minutes on the pitch per goal this season, I suspect McNeil is way ahead as a better scoring option! McNeil also puts in a better shift going the other way!

It's a valid question. You say it's not how a 60m rated winger performs, but honestly there arent many 21 ones of those.
Saka, Sancho, Foden, Greenwood, Rashford at the time, martinelli is now doing it at the same age. The 60m rated ones all do it far more. That's without even leaving England to include Vinicius Junior, Rodrygo, Mudryk, the Georgian at napoli etc etc

Saka, Sancho, Foden, Greenwood, Rashford at the time, martinelli is now doing it at the same age. The 60m rated ones all do it far more. That's without even leaving England to include Vinicius Junior, Rodrygo, Mudryk, the Georgian at napoli etc etc

One of them went for 60m though. And he isnt as good as Gordon IMO.

Hes not at the level of most of the others, but hes trying his best.

Status
Not open for further replies.