2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

He did. I'm not against McNeil, but think all 3 of our wide players need to improve. I think they all can.

The point is more though, that Lampard will likely trust Gordon until McNeil/Gray do enough to oust him.
You’re right they all need to improve, but particularly though the two who have got the starting places at the moment! I’d suggest McNeil, based on his minutes on the pitch, goals scored, and the shift he puts in deserves a start though!
Gordon and or Gray may have more impact currently coming on from off the bench!

No that's true, and the conundrum. But on raw goals, he is our biggest threat currently.

How many goals has Gray scored in 2022?
Just both poor for me and the whole attack with dcl who i kno is coming back drom injury trying to get some form. Is just a massive drop since rich has left is an area we have to get players in

I do think gordon does has more chance to improve under frank, just cant see gray ever getting much better should just be a squad player. Mcneil just cant tell what will happen is too early to call

They both just need proper competition in the squad, they need to realise they are not guaranteed starters unless they are earning that place by performances on the pitch. it can be a dangerous thing for players when they know there names will always be stamped in that team sheet week in week out ( unless injuries/ suspensions obviously )
we just haven't got that competition at the Mo, and it is worrying that we won't have anytime soon.
its always better when you have players fighting to keep that spot whilst they have competition on the side just itching to take there chance.

Look at garner for instance, once he gets that start he's craving for he's gonna want nothing more then to show everybody by his performance why that spot should be his.

Status
Not open for further replies.