2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much patience? Tom Davies was written off far more easily than Gordon was, and he had similar stats (4 goals 4 assists in roughly his 1st 60 games) and wasnt playing as a winger/striker. Davies is only 2-3 years older than him. Shall we be patient with him also, or does he not count because he wears unusual clothes?
Are you arguing for Davies or against here? Or against Gordon? Your point is not clear.

Are you arguing for Davies or against here? Or against Gordon? Your point is not clear.
It's a little bit of both tbh. I think Davies gets far too much undeserved criticism, while Gordon seems to be hailed as the next big thing in football despite, in my opinion, never really showing anything to back that up. In fact, i would argue that Davies initial impact was greater, at a younger age. He has struggled to match that and find true consistency due to far too much chopping and changing (he's 24 and Lampard is his 9th Everton manager) and struggling to get a consistent run of games in any 1 position. Unlike Gordon, who has basically been a mainstay under Benitez and Lampard.

My point about Gordon has always been, i do not see what others appear to. I would obviously love for us to have another major talent. I don't think he is it. And the over the top fawning over his supposed once in a generation talent is not doing him or us any favours.

Not unless it fools some idiot team to bid £60m+ for him anyway, and just as long as our idiot team dont reject it.

giphy.gif

Think we need to show patience with young Anthony. He was not great against Fulham but he kept going and didn't hide. He'll come good ?

Based on what tho? He literally offers nothing and is a huge reason why our goals scored is shocking.

Gerri was better than him and everyone raved about him and he ended up at Watford .

None of our 4 attacking options are good enough and I would sell all of them one by one and they would not be hard to replace imo

Based on what tho? He literally offers nothing and is a huge reason why our goals scored is shocking.

Gerri was better than him and everyone raved about him and he ended up at Watford .

None of our 4 attacking options are good enough and I would sell all of them one by one and they would not be hard to replace imo
pretty sure it’s quickly the opinion Lampard is forming as well - he’ll be putting pressure on old Kev for sure. Gordon’s at least young and could improve - Gray, Townsend, McNeil, Rondon, can be upgraded quick enough.

Personally I see glimpses of a good player there. I'm not denying he's had a shocker and his play really needs refining. But I think we can see a player who works hard and has progressed since getting involved with the first team.

I'm also just trying to support a young player and not write them off too soon. He reminds me a bit of DCL (not in playing style), lots wrote him off but he developed well.

I may be entirely wrong and that's fine, but wouldn't it be nice to see an academy player develop? Or maybe we'll see him at Shrewsbury by his 26th birthday with Tom Davies and Geri ;)

It’s what ive come to expect from him, he is what he is, a one in 6-7 games performer. The other games he is non existent almost like playing with 10 men.

He is so far off being a good PL winger.
DCL in the team and he doesn’t have the brain or ability to get a yard on the full back and whip crosses in.

Robinson looks the job. He had Gordon in his pocket and was far more of a threat than
Gordon. What a pity, Robinson was not kept.

No way that EFC can unload Gordon to CFC now for massive money.

Yes! that is what I thought when I was watching the game. Marco Silva made that slight tactical tweak in 2nd half by pushing Robinson higher - try to push Gordon further back and when Gordon didn't track back, Fulham created dangerous chances.

Patterson came on, Robinson was slightly quieter (I think because Patterson pushes forward a little bit and is way more athletic, forcing Robinson to be more cautious) and there was one move Patterson made in attack, gave me flashbacks of prime Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.