2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t poor by any means. Notice how Gordon is actually getting chances away which 99 percent of the times we’d never reach (that first half shot he beat the defender for and that cross he hit on the byline that won us a corner). He is doing things that top players do. Stuff that he didn’t have the confidence to do before. Like Iwobi his mentality has improved astronomically.

He sucked about 3 Liverpool players in every time he had the ball. Just by being Anthony Gordon he affected the game....which wasn't a bad display btw...especially that forearm smash into Tsimikas.
Its good we have a player that gets that attention, means it will open up opportunities for us elsewhere... assuming we can take them

Its good we have a player that gets that attention, means it will open up opportunities for us elsewhere... assuming we can take them
Exactly. As I said above: he's Anthony Gordon...and that draws 2 in to shepherd him leaving space.

It would have been a complete disaster losing him this summer...although there's some shameful people on here who would have sold him for a bag of cheese and onion crisp and some steel washers. Utterly clueless.

Exactly. As I said above: he's Anthony Gordon...and that draws 2 in to shepherd him leaving space.

It would have been a complete disaster losing him this summer...although there's some shameful people on here who would have sold him for a bag of cheese and onion crisp and some steel washers. Utterly clueless.
Have to agree nobody or bodies of quality to fill the void. How we need a marquee scorer like Mitrovich or Toney.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzx
Did you want him sold? Be honest now.....

giphy-downsized-large.gif

How is it he is always blowing for air, like him, but not being funny, Ricky worked twice as hard and always would try tack runners and track back. Think Gordon wants to be dodging some of that work rate so he can ho again on the break, against certain teams that is fine, but think we need a bit more from him all round at the moment to justify keeping him and not snapping the hand off Chelsea

How is it he is always blowing for air, like him, but not being funny, Ricky worked twice as hard and always would try tack runners and track back. Think Gordon wants to be dodging some of that work rate so he can ho again on the break, against certain teams that is fine, but think we need a bit more from him all round at the moment to justify keeping him and not snapping the hand off Chelsea
Thought he was awful today and so did Frank, hence the hook

He doesn't manage his in game fitness very well, tbh it's my biggest concern with him. He needs to stop wasting his energy/runs. Some of it will come from playing over time but he does need a bit of help with it imo.

Did you want him sold? Be honest now.....

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Totally off topic (bracing myself for severe chastisement), right back in tbe day, I used to work in an office with a couple of safes like that. One was a for accountancy records, many of which were manual, and woud be hard to reconstruct if lost of burned in a fire, and the other for daily cash and cheque income. Ah, them wuz the days!

Totally off topic (bracing myself for severe chastisement), right back in tbe day, I used to work in an office with a couple of safes like that. One was a for accountancy records, many of which were manual, and woud be hard to reconstruct if lost of burned in a fire, and the other for daily cash and cheque income. Ah, them wuz the days!
Dod you ever get locked in? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.