2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late on, when he burst past them to the byline and cut it back. He can do that to pretty much every full-back in the league, every single time, but doesn't. It's frustrating. Doesn't seem to trust his own pace.

…to be fair, I think that was Milner. Amazed a coach with Klopp’s reputation put Milner on at RB, I was chuffed when I saw that. Not surprisingly he soon put Gomez there.

Was quite poor today, nowhere near up to his usual standards, but its been a trying week for him and a massive occasion today so its very easy to forgive and move on to the next.

Was quite poor today, nowhere near up to his usual standards, but its been a trying week for him and a massive occasion today so its very easy to forgive and move on to the next.
He sucked about 3 Liverpool players in every time he had the ball. Just by being Anthony Gordon he affected the game....which wasn't a bad display btw...especially that forearm smash into Tsimikas.

He sucked about 3 Liverpool players in every time he had the ball. Just by being Anthony Gordon he affected the game....which wasn't a bad display btw...especially that forearm smash into Tsimikas.
The boy has set a very high bar.

Today he fell below it, IMO.

For Ant Gordon he had a poor game.

Reactions: JLW
Have to say as one of his bigger critics on here, I though our attack was noticeable blunter once he’d gone off. Whether that was simply down to the whole team tiring and Salbutimol FC having more possession I’m not sure, but his exit was noticeable.

The boy has set a very high bar.

Today he fell below it, IMO.

For Ant Gordon he had a poor game.
Not a poor game. He could have scored and he was a great out ball for Everton players. He frightened Liverpool with the way he can take the ball in and then quickly move off and away form their defenders.

On that pitch today there wasn't a player with more skill than Gordon. That is the fact of the matter. He is a real top player. The real deal.

Not a poor game. He could have scored and he was a great out ball for Everton players. He frightened Liverpool with the way he can take the ball in and then quickly move off and away form their defenders.

On that pitch today there wasn't a player with more skill than Gordon. That is the fact of the matter. He is a real top player. The real deal.
Gray was better than him today.

Look, im not saying he should be dropped or he was rubbish, for Ant Gordon today wasnt a great game.

Its ok for him to fall below his high standards.

Slowly becoming the player we thought we had under the early days of ancelotti.
Was ridiculously over hyped. I hope that levels out now and he's allowed to just grow.

Lets hope a 3 man midfield can now stop him from consuming so much energy tracking back and save it for the attacking 3rd.
I do think some of his decision making is sometimes because he's blowing out his arse because of the graft he puts in.

Thought today first half was decent second half faded.

Lets hope a 3 man midfield can now stop him from consuming so much energy tracking back and save it the attacking 3rd.
I do think some of his decision making is sometimes because he's blowing out his arse because of the graft he puts in.

Thought today first half was decent second half faded.

That was a tough gig today though. Liverpool were determined he'd play no central part in the game and they obviously drilled their backline and CMs to snuff him out away from ther danger zones...but that just opened it up for Gray and Maupay...althiugh the latter didn't exploit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.