2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will be cos hes an Everton player and deserves our support.

Only a weirdo holds grudges against Everton players.
It went beyond wanting cash for more players. There was visceral hatred for the lad; denigrating him as a two bob winger and a failure.

As I say: those people saying as much - disappeared back into the undergrowth.

It went beyond wanting cash for more players. There was visceral hatred for the lad; denigrating him as a two bob winger and a failure.

I think the general impression was that there was no way he was worth £60m right now and if Chelsea really had offered that, we’d be mental to turn it down.

I really hope he turns into a player with a similar valuation and end product to someone like Sterling who’s gone for similar because that will be brilliant for us but he’s not there yet.

There was some weird media stuff where they were convinced he put in a transfer request and wanted to join Chelsea and some evertonians seemed to take that as gospel which is sad.

I think the general impression was that there was no way he was worth £60m right now and if Chelsea really had offered that, we’d be mental to turn it down.
I really hope he turns into a player with a similar valuation and end product to someone like Sterling who’s gone for similar because that will be brilliant for us but he’s not there yet.
There was some weird media stuff where they were convinced he put in a transfer request and wanted to join Chelsea and some evertonians seemed to take that as gospel which is sad.
Yes.

They also would have taken spare change off Chelsea. They werent holding out reluctantly for £60M.

Seemed like most of the forum wanted Chelsea to take him less than 2 weeks ago.

They appear to have disappeared now though. :coffee:
Still think we shouldve sold him if the rumored 40-60m bids were real and the club had someone in mind to replace him.
We didnt sell him tho, so theres not really any reason to harp on that anymore. As long as hes with us, Id love for him to light the league on fire. Not sure i think he ever will, but fingers crossed.

Still think we shouldve sold him if the rumored 40-60m bids were real and the club had someone in mind to replace him.
We didnt sell him tho, so theres not really any reason to harp on that anymore. As long as hes with us, Id love for him to light the league on fire. Not sure i think he ever will, but fingers crossed.
I dont think there was anything like that on the table. And I dont think FL was in any mood to sell him after Richarlison left.

You really do chat utter nonsense. I was firmly in the "sell Gordon for 60m" camp. Purely because I don't think he's currently a 60m player, and think we could have strengthened a bit more if targets were identified.

But he's staying and i'll get fully behind him, because I want him to be a 60m player, hell, I want him to be a 100m player. Of course I want him to become the business, it's just a big IF whether he will or not.

He has started the season decent, hope he can continue.

I really don't think there was any posters that hated the lad though lol

He is superb. From a personal both of view he has gone above and beyond and helped familes out and one close to my heart.

He has a heart of gold.
It’s always great to hear this kind of thing.

I was skeptical with the rumours he was trying to get a move this window because he just doesn’t seem the type and seems like he loves the club and the city. It’s crazy how the media could push this narrative that Chelsea offered 60m and he had already said he wanted to leave yet it seems none of that was ever true and then they just stopped talking about it and started chatting more wham about other lads.

Pure lies, made up sensationalism and defamation of a good lads character for no reason other than getting clicks and with no comeuppance.

Status
Not open for further replies.