2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sooner the board come out and explain that we are not selling Gordon at any price the sooner everyone can move on from whatever their viewpoint is.
The board came out and said we're not selling Rooney but they ended up selling him.
It's happened at plenty of other clubs with plenty of other players.
Every player has their price and anything over £40m for Gordon is too good to turn down so if it ends up being £50+m then it's a great piece of business for Everton.

If the clubs current stance is that they genuinely don’t want to sell him, it needs to stay that way.

We may have a strong will until a day before deadline day, then end up selling him with no time to find worthy replacements. It either needs to be done now or not at all.

Would be pretty stupid.

"We are not selling Gordon".

Chelsea offer 80million.

"Erm, about that lads"

The thing with the Gordon sale, is from my (albeit basic) formulations, we need to probably make a profit of 50m ish to get rid of concerns over FFP/STCC.

I'd imagine/hope Moshiri can see this, as hes sort of been smart around other bits of this, but I do wonder if Kenwright really understands it.

The big sale of Gordon, basically gets us off the hook and would give us the opportunity of having 2 pretty big years of spending without having to worry about FFP, by which points that far into the future who knows where it will be.

I hope the club arent dragging their heels on some abstract principle around Gordon.

The thing with the Gordon sale, is from my (albeit basic) formulations, we need to probably make a profit of 50m ish to get rid of concerns over FFP/STCC.

I'd imagine/hope Moshiri can see this, as hes sort of been smart around other bits of this, but I do wonder if Kenwright really understands it.

The big sale of Gordon, basically gets us off the hook and would give us the opportunity of having 2 pretty big years of spending without having to worry about FFP, by which points that far into the future who knows where it will be.

I hope the club arent dragging their heels on some abstract principle around Gordon.
If Gordon goes I think it will be cos he wanted to leave.

The FFP aspect we will probably consider a plus, yes, but I doubt its our main focus.

Also I think we need to stop looking at FFP, for now, our spending will always be down to how much Moshiri is willing to give us to spend.

Hes already "spending" vast sums building the stadium, our goal should be to shed the waste from the wage bill and improve our revenue.

For me, retaining Gordon would be pretty silly, ive made my feelings on the lad quite clear, hes bright, he works really hard and his technical skills at times are wonderful. Last season he played in a team on its arse for 9 months, this season hes had to lead the line, in the Premier League at 21. Who knows what happens if those shackles can be lifted. But we need somebody for the here and the now, somebody who can put the ball in the net. Is that Gordon? Maybe, is that Maupy? Diaz? Probably not.

But its a huge sum of money for potential, potential never wins you games, does spending 60m on new players? Again, probably not, but its like the house pays out for a jackpot you might never hit.

I really think we should sell, I really think we should invest the money in the right players, who they are, no idea, they probably wont ever play for Everton. If he stays, I will get behind the lad as much as I can, I have bias, but I do try.

Honestly don't care about the finances mate, we should keep him, you say about principle, yup it is for me

Status
Not open for further replies.