2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is weird, but then Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle all want him. Pep Guardiola praised him too, and Frank Lampard is talking about building a team around him.

He's come into a really, really, desperately poor Everton team. Has that hindered him? Or did it help him get the game time and exposure?

Either way, I've said on here for a while that I think we give him too much responsibility and think that ideally, he should be a squad/impact player.

Those saying don't sell him at £50m, what price would you sell him for?
If we get £50million for him, we're looking in a better market for our new striker. Its sad we are talking about selling a young talent. But he's a player we can easily manage without. Will he be Englands next big thing? I'm not sure.

id happily sell for 50m but i dont get the way we have to hate everyone who leaves. his end product wasnt all that but nobody worked harder than him last season when others clearly didnt. we're currently not very good and the money could be spent on much better and important players to improves us quicker than if he stayed.
Agreed. I understand the instinct to hate a player who leaves just because he may be too big/good for the club (or thinks he is). Obviously Gordon would be moving to a more competitive club, but I don't see this one that way. Chelsea is exploiting the fact that he's a luxury we can't really afford and the fact they know we need to invest elsewhere, and they're trying to entice us to see it as win-win. Fair play to them, really.

Cautionary warning that the vaults are bookmarking all these predictions of ruin for Gordon with GREAT interest.
Hes utter rubbish, I dont have to pretend any longer.

Complete and utter pony, he will go to Chelsea and stink the place out, if we dont sell this clown for 40m+ I want somebody to sacrifice themselves like that Babysitter does in The Omen.

I kid you not, this is the biggest heist in English football if we can punt this lad.

Cautionary warning that the vaults are bookmarking all these predictions of ruin for Gordon with GREAT interest.
The sky's the limit for young Gordon. If Chelsea use him well, he could burn brightly. But he must avoid the pitfalls of thinking he's made it. At such a young age he could find himself floundering and dropping down the pecking order.

Think that covers all bases.

Hes utter rubbish, I dont have to pretend any longer.

Complete and utter pony, he will go to Chelsea and stink the place out, if we dont sell this clown for 40m+ I want somebody to sacrifice themselves like that Babysitter does in The Omen.

I kid you not, this is the biggest heist in English football if we can punt this lad.
Like a boss.

We would be fools to sell this lad.

A true future great in the making, what good is 50m to us? I would have rather has his energy, his drive, his will to win on the pitch.

If we sell this lad I want heads to roll, like they did in Blade when Wesley went chopping heads off and made some unfunny pun afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.