2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pressure is evidence of his success. Ultimately we turned to a kid for leadership and to be a key player in a relegation battle, in his first year, the lad stood up and hit the bar, incredible stuff. Way to much expectation on the lid. But that’s how good he’s been and how important he’s become.

I’d we were any use as a club we could bring him into a team Better able to support him, with better quality and less pressure and expectation.

He’s been incredible really, year on year he gets better, crazy even to consider selling him.

You simply don't sell a player you have developed in house who is the exact profile of player you need to be recruiting.

I'm advocating the recruitment of the likes of Gallacher, KLP, MGW and now this Onana lad who looks brilliant on his performance data and YouTube eye test lol, none of that actually matters if you then sell a player currently on a par with these and with a higher potential ceiling.

You simply don't sell a player you have developed in house who is the exact profile of player you need to be recruiting.

I'm advocating the recruitment of the likes of Gallacher, KLP, MGW and now this Onana lad who looks brilliant on his performance data and YouTube eye test lol, none of that actually matters if you then sell a player currently on a par with these and with a higher potential ceiling.

I’m right there with you mate. It’s bananas to consider it, he’s no where near tipping out and fulfilling his potential, we build around players like him with lads of the profile you mention. What I love about him is year on year he improves an aspect of his game, I wouldn’t be surprised if he increases his bottom line attacking return next season, the potential is there. I think his attacking out put would have been last year if the whole team wasn’t so bad.

The other thing with Richarlison gone, he can comfortably slip in now on the left, probably his right position, he’s actually the perfect Richarlison replacement to my mind and makes sense on and off the pitch Ots the right that needs looking at!

If we all want a young hingry talented team built, he’s a major keystone to that. No coincidence rival clubs want him. He’s quality and made of the right stuff.

I’m right there with you mate. It’s bananas to consider it, he’s no where near tipping out and fulfilling his potential, we build around players like him with lads of the profile you mention. What I love about him is year on year he improves an aspect of his game, I wouldn’t be surprised if he increases his bottom line attacking return next season, the potential is there.

The other thing with Richarlison gone, he can comfortably slip in now on the left, probably his right position, he’s actually the perfect Richarlison replacement to my mind and makes sense on and off the pitch Ots the right that needs looking at!

If we all want a young hingry talented team built, he’s a major keystone to that. No coincidence rival clubs want him. He’s quality and made of the right stuff.

Totally agree mate.

If we recruit well in midfield this season (I think actually we will do) with the right type of player.

I'm sticking my neck out and saying he'll surpass 15 goals/assists this season

Whilst I agree with the point about end product the fact that there has been this degree of interest from Newcastle and Spurs tells you something. Guardiola was also complementary. I suspect he will be the asset sacrificed next summer
I think it's DCL earmarked for next summer, with Gordon being our big sale in 2 years. Unfortunately that's how it will work at present day Everton.

Totally agree mate.

If we recruit well in midfield this season (I think actually we will do) with the right type of player.

I'm sticking my neck out and saying he'll surpass 15 goals/assists this season

That’s a big call mate! But he has it in him, would love it just to stick two fingers up at Levy! lol Also love Dele to roar and out score Richarlison! lol

I’d be happy enough with 8 of each, if he hit double figures in one or the other he’s had a great season.

That’s a big call mate! But he has it in him, would love it just to stick two fingers up at Levy! lol Also love Dele to roar and out score Richarlison! lol

I’d be happy enough with 8 of each, if he hit double figures in one or the other he’s had a great season.

Seeing massive doom and gloom on here mate lately.

My thinking is on Thelwell/Lampard so far.

Thelwell is overhauling club infrastructure from coaching, through the various youth systems - so far two absolute 'old boy network' leeches have suddenly 'decided' they're ready to leave for a try at managing - painfully obvious they've been 'allowed' to script the narrative for leaving - also obvious they've been effectively told they are going to be removed if they don't.

Setting the youth system up to mirror the senior teams systems, again fantastic overdue changes there.

Signing immediately of Tarkowski to plug what was a major major problem - again shows awareness and action on a huge problem. It being one thst both DoF and manager have previously tried to sign msjes it almost perfect - shows a unity there.

Not being railroaded into terms we don't want for certain players (winks) again shows a plan of action which they are sticking too.

I think with Lampards nature and seemingly Thelwells patience not panicking. We will get in a couple if the major targets we want this summer.

I've just got a gut feeling that Dele will be brilliant this sesson mate, dunno why just think Lampard wanted him because he knows how he can get into his head/heart to get that hunger back - also feel he was brought in knowing he was gonna lose Richy this summer too

I've just got a gut feeling that Dele will be brilliant this sesson mate, dunno why just think Lampard wanted him because he knows how he can get into his head/heart to get that hunger back - also feel he was brought in knowing he was gonna lose Richy this summer too
i hope dele has a good season but watching the boys training on youtube he looks a bit unfit still

Fascinating storylines here.

Daves ‘One Player Is Bigger Than the Club’ narrative is such a fresh take on an old classic.

Gordon is older than Ramsey by about 3 months

I fully lost concentration reading that and got one image only

gordonprejuizo.jpg

i dont get why he would want to leave when he could be the next everton legend if he puts in a few years
Have you not seen the criticism this lad gets on GOT hys for starters? Thought we were a tough crowd but fk me.

From an outsider’s perspective he looks like a very good player destined to do great things for you. Not many better prospects in EPL than AG imho. I’d say back him and get behind him. I honestly don’t understand why he gets the stick he does from your fans. Must keep

Status
Not open for further replies.