2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been consistently one of our better players for a while now, a real asset to the side and hopefully will only get better.

I wish most of the rest of the team had his attitude and desire to work hard and do there best for the club.

Also sad to see some blues swallowing up the media character assassination of the lad, and listen to all the diver rollocks - he’s no worse than many other players in the league, including a few who play for the rs, but there’s no story about the rest of them, or they are called “clever” players - it’s disgusting how a young English player is being targeted by the media - he’s got enough detractors without Evertonians getting on his back for diving - let the rest of football and they despicable rs media try and knock the kid down and ruin him, I’d sooner get behind the lad.

Can you not do your normal OTT praise thing.

Is it over the top to say, he hasn't got lots to improve on, relative to players of his age though?

He's an outstanding young player who's had a brilliant season. I am surprised people take issue with that.

Your first post was fine.

The subsequent post double-downing on it was OTT.

For his age, (and that's the key point here) I think he's proven he's a special player. I have friends who support lots of different teams saying it. I'm amazed some of our own fans don't see it. But lifes about opinions and all that.

For his age, (and that's the key point here) I think he's proven he's a special player. I have friends who support lots of different teams saying it. I'm amazed some of our own fans don't see it. But lifes about opinions and all that.

He's a talent but proven to be special? I'd like to see him have more than 7 goal involvements in a season considering you did say:

Goals, assist

Hes 21. The evidence so far is he is a special player. Goals, assists, defensive shape, multiple MOTM performances. All for a lad who's just turned 21, in a team massively struggling. Hes a special player.

Forget this "not yet", he has proven it already.
This is what you said about DCL in November 2021 ...."I dont think anybody would pay 100m for Son mate. City offered 80m for Kane and walked away. If DCL goes, he will go for around 80m, which will be a lot more than Kane does. I'd have him over Kane now to be honest"

"I'd have him over Kane now to be honest " . I'm not sure that your judgement on players is that impressive amigo.

Gordon is a hardworking young player with some excellent attributes - good first touch , excellent pace , good attitude. When he learns to finish and pick the right option for a final ball he will be a very good player.

He is not ( yet ) one of the leading young players in Europe as you suggest. Another case of DCLitis ?

Not sure but I'd guess there is someone. Would like to see if Mykolenko is good on them. Hes always stood over free kicks but don't think hes hit one yet
He's taken a few deeper ones. Technique looks decent for those.

Hardly anyone is good at taking set pieces though. It's clearly a very difficult thing to do consistently. We expect most of them to be good, when the reality is most of them are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.