2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s done well for us in a tough period but I feel his performances have been more down to his effort and work rate than showing real class. Still young, hope he continues to improve but I’m not sold on him becoming a top player, in terms of natural ability Barkley looked much better at same age Imo. He’s pretty rapid though which is a big plus.

He’s done well for us in a tough period but I feel his performances have been more down to his effort and work rate than showing real class. Still young, hope he continues to improve but I’m not sold on him becoming a top player, in terms of natural ability Barkley looked much better at same age Imo. He’s pretty rapid though which is a big plus.
What has impressed me is his attitude and leading by example at such a young age in a team which has struggled for form all season. Imagine him playing in a team on the front foot.

It's his first full season playing in 35 games so far and he's been the hardest worker out of the lot of them. He'll have gained from it massively and be much stronger and fitter next season.

First name on the teamsheet for me.

Obviously his end product needs work... it would be nice for him to be chipping in with more goals and assists, but whenever he gets on the ball you just sense that something special could happen. He works really hard, eases pressure on our defence extremely well and he's only going to get better.
He might get better. I hope he does, and there are some promising signs, but it amazes me that despite people having said that about a dozen young players in recent years who very much haven't got better, it's still said as if it's a fact that you just magically get better as you get older and nothing can ever prevent it.

Had an argument about flash with a rs bellwhiff on Sunday, saying he dived after 10 seconds - why did the ref give him a free kick then plums?

He’s got them all rattled, but the narrative will continue whilst he’s at everton - so many examples of diving this weekend that aren’t even being talked about - more character assassination and double standards.

Needs to come off set pieces though.

Had an argument about flash with a rs bellwhiff on Sunday, saying he dived after 10 seconds - why did the ref give him a free kick then plums?

He’s got them all rattled, but the narrative will continue whilst he’s at everton - so many examples of diving this weekend that aren’t even being talked about - more character assassination and double standards.

Needs to come off set pieces though.
There must be someone else capable of taking over set-pieces. Gordon's free-kicks have been horrific

Status
Not open for further replies.