2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hhmm not sure about that, a 3 in the middle would be Allan, Doucoure and VDB,
Depends on the oppostion (all injuries aside)
Douc is good for his potential to take a player out of the game
when he was at his peak a while back he had found that nice zone of midfield defender where he could be on the player, all over him and yet not stuck to him, giving time/space to do things like late runs into the box, and with the those maestro's around him space/time will open up to makes runs into the box that only a player that seems to move so effortlessly through the game can make. But Doucoure really comes inot hsi own when you see that extra intensity in defensive movement; he may be a perfect partner for DVB to do his thing, with Alan in support, including shadowing their movements.
I'd see Doucs in against the top teams, or in a match like Newcastle marking ASM.

Gordon however could be suited to a lot of opposition where we're more in control/outcompete
As another poster remarked about the brains to his play, I'm starting to see it now.

Depends on the oppostion (all injuries aside)
Douc is good for his potential to take a player out of the game
when he was at his peak a while back he had found that nice zone of midfield defender where he could be on the player, all over him and yet not stuck to him, giving time/space to do things like late runs into the box, and with the those maestro's around him space/time will open up to makes runs into the box that only a player that seems to move so effortlessly through the game can make. But Doucoure really comes inot hsi own when you see that extra intensity in defensive movement; he may be a perfect partner for DVB to do his thing, with Alan in support, including shadowing their movements.
I'd see Doucs in against the top teams, or in a match like Newcastle marking ASM.

Gordon however could be suited to a lot of opposition where we're more in control/outcompete
As another poster remarked about the brains to his play, I'm starting to see it now.
Sometimes I read posts like this about Doucoure and genuinely wonder if I'm watching the same matches everyone else does.

I mean if you took names out of this I'd think maybe you were talking about Gueye or something. Doucoure for me is one of the worst defensive players for someone who isn't a true attacking midfielder that I've seen.

Sometimes I read posts like this about Doucoure and genuinely wonder if I'm watching the same matches everyone else does.

I mean if you took names out of this I'd think maybe you were talking about Gueye or something. Doucoure for me is one of the worst defensive players for someone who isn't a true attacking midfielder that I've seen.
He makes a lot of good off play runs which means ball doesn't go into his area, good at helping slow down potential counter, its not just the athleticism that gets him round the pitch, he sees the game when he's in the zone, when he's in the zone sometimes you don't see him much bc he's just got a whole lot of [Poor language removed] covered, Think we'll see him be more valuable with dvb in midfield and Frank guiding proceedings. He might suit the more dynamic midfield with a more defined role rather than chasing around after slack from others. And reckon he scores more late run headers in that midfield.

He makes a lot of good off play runs which means ball doesn't go into his area, good at helping slow down potential counter, its not just the athleticism that gets him round the pitch, he sees the game when he's in the zone, when he's in the zone sometimes you don't see him much bc he's just got a whole lot of [Poor language removed] covered, Think we'll see him be more valuable with dvb in midfield and Frank guiding proceedings. He might suit the more dynamic midfield with a more defined role rather than chasing around after slack from others. And reckon he score some late run headers in that midfield.
Yeah man I just don't see this. Our midfield is often a chasm. It's not only him, Allan for all the work is prone to positional mistakes, but those two have been our most used midfielders and the midfield is often wide open.

I agree on the getting into the box stuff but for me that's his only use. I hope we settle into a set up that doesn't require much of him.

Anyway this is supposed to be about Gordon who is ace. I'll leave it there.

One more thing if I may :D the difference Donnie makes who can play in tight further back, no just wait to feed passes in space, makes it much easier to open and close space than Alan and Douc have had up until now (the best for them was James, but they needed it further back and so they were still wide open, while the front players now don't need a James player as much)

Similar to DCL, he's done a good job even in a really poor period for the club - says a lot for his character.

Hope he can keep up this level until the end of the season - if so we have a player that has saved us 20m on a youngster from elsewhere + he cares more for the club.
Franny J should take him under his wing. Wait is he still at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.