2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have a question. I don't follow the youth development very much but I generally know when we are supposed to have a player coming into the first team that likely is expected to make it. Like Barkley as an example...I knew he was supposed to be the real deal a couple of seasons before he broke through.

Like I obviously knew of Anthony, but I don't recall much hype coming up (like Barkley).

Is that just down to my ignorance or did he sort of come out of nowhere?

I do have a question. I don't follow the youth development very much but I generally know when we are supposed to have a player coming into the first team that likely is expected to make it. Like Barkley as an example...I knew he was supposed to be the real deal a couple of seasons before he broke through.

Like I obviously knew of Anthony, but I don't recall much hype coming up (like Barkley).

We struggled to keep him before he signed his first professional deal, supposedly. He had a lot of interest from Bayern and Dortmund if the stories were to be believed.

He isn't one that's come out of nowhere

We struggled to keep him before he signed his first professional deal, supposedly. He had a lot of interest from Bayern and Dortmund if the stories were to be believed.

He isn't one that's come out of nowhere

I probably didn't phrase that completely right. I just think back to say Dowell. I knew about his hype well before he made the first team.

Anyway I figured it was my ignorance.

Delighted with the way Anthony is progressing. I said from the beginning that I wasn't sure if he would make it or not, but, that I thought he had a good chance.

This season he has really realised his potential. He will certainly be a decent Premier league player, but, I think he has a very high ceiling potentially. I look forward to seeing just how far he goes.

Probably more the case of people not wanting to pile too much pressure on him

What annoys me is it took so long to give him a chance

By far the most frustrating part of the Ancelotti regime was his reticence to give Gordon a proper go

It’s amazing that Benitez, of all people, was the one who gave him that chance

Gordon’s development and the signing of Gray are rare positives of the Benitez Era

By far the most frustrating part of the Ancelotti regime was his reticence to give Gordon a proper go

Gordon’s development and the signing of Gray are rare positives of the Benitez Era

Careful now, you'll trigger a few with that !!

Under the radar would have been a much better choice of words than from out of nowhere.

What will “trigger” people is you trying to fan the flames to be honest mate

I think most Blues would concede Gray was a bargain and Gordon was given a decent chance under Benitez

In every regime you'll find at least *some* positives as, although we struggle to see it sometimes, nobody (even Benitez) is 100% incompetent.

Gordon and Gray definitely stand out as his. Some might say the fact he burned the house to the ground and effectively forced us to rip up a failed structure was also a positive. I'm not sure I'd quite agree, but I understand the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.