2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 months ago.

Is this another one I got wrong @Eggs ???

:coffee:

….13months ago was a considerable time after quite a few on here were mentioning him in despatches. Times are bad when you vault yourself with such an example.

13 months ago.

Is this another one I got wrong @Eggs ???

:coffee:

I raise you almost 5 years.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/apollon-limassol-el-6pm-07-12-17.100881/post-5982687

Lampard: Gordon can go a really long way​

Anthony Gordon also produced a standout performance against Leeds after he was credited with the third goal and also assisted Michael Keane's goal.

It meant the 20-year-old became the sixth different player to both score and assist a goal in a Premier League match for Everton aged under 21.

Lampard said of Gordon: "Has he surprised me? No, because I've watched a lot of him.

"Obviously I analysed a lot of the games before I came in to get an idea of the squad, and Anthony was a standout for me.

"I really liked some of the attributes he was showing before I came. You never know until you get here but from the first day in training, he wants to learn and listen and he wants to engage with me, my staff and team-mates.

"He has a great talent and a work ethic, and when you're an Everton lad as he is, and the fans see that in him, then that's a huge start.

"I think he can go a really long way in the game and it's his job now to keep his head down and do that. I've got no real worries about that because I can see how much he wants it and then it's my job to try and eek everything from him.

"He's young and he'll develop loads more, but at the minute he's playing outstanding football and long may that continue."

Anthony Gordon also produced a standout performance against Leeds after he was credited with the third goal and also assisted Michael Keane's goal.

It meant the 20-year-old became the sixth different player to both score and assist a goal in a Premier League match for Everton aged under 21.

Lampard said of Gordon: "Has he surprised me? No, because I've watched a lot of him.

"Obviously I analysed a lot of the games before I came in to get an idea of the squad, and Anthony was a standout for me.

"I really liked some of the attributes he was showing before I came. You never know until you get here but from the first day in training, he wants to learn and listen and he wants to engage with me, my staff and team-mates.

"He has a great talent and a work ethic, and when you're an Everton lad as he is, and the fans see that in him, then that's a huge start.

"I think he can go a really long way in the game and it's his job now to keep his head down and do that. I've got no real worries about that because I can see how much he wants it and then it's my job to try and eek everything from him.

"He's young and he'll develop loads more, but at the minute he's playing outstanding football and long may that continue."
Great stuff. Unbelievable that people were writing this lad off after a handful of games.

Tottenham Hotspurs are looking to sign Anthony Gordon in the summer. Or will it be Arsenal? Or maybe Man United?
I will have to keep a close eye on 'NewsNow', no doubt some 'columnist' with too much time and too little talent will be posting something along those lines soon enough.

I've said in the past that I think we have something special in Anthony Gordon, he has that desire to keep pushing himself and succeed, and not rest on his laurels. That said, it's early days and a lot can change so quickly, especially in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.