2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There could of course be another scenario where after the high of Gordon’s initial performances he has dropped down a level in performances and rather than destroying his confidence and the fans opinion of him, Ancelotti is allowing him time on the training pitch to work back to his best form. Perhaps to shield him from the hysteria and subsequent criticism that came the way of Barkley and Davies when they couldn’t maintain their own standards after good starts. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors but I doubt there’s a conspiracy to deliberately not play a bright young talent when Ancelotti has had no problem playing him in the past.
I can't see that he'll be getting much criticism in an empty stadium.

Doubt it by Carlo's attitude so far. If he doesn't play in the next two games, he won't play in any.

The next couple are probably the least likely for him to play. Once we get into the festive period he'll get a chance.

We need to stop overhyping our young lads and let them develop and stop getting worked up when they don't play. He has plenty of time and if he's good enough he'll become established in time.

The next couple are probably the least likely for him to play. Once we get into the festive period he'll get a chance.

We need to stop overhyping our young lads and let them develop and stop getting worked up when they don't play. He has plenty of time and if he's good enough he'll become established in time.
Maybe, but given that he doesn't even trust him enough to have him in the squad against Fulham of all teams, or even sub him on against Newcastle when we're threadbare, then I doubt he'll trust him enough to put him in the squad against Arsenal or Chelsea or Leicester, let alone given him game time.

The Newcastle team selection was down right embarrassing from Carlo and was an obvious chance to at least get Gordon on from the bench.

Maybe, but given that he doesn't even trust him enough to have him in the squad against Fulham of all teams, or even sub him on against Newcastle when we're threadbare, then I doubt he'll trust him enough to put him in the squad against Arsenal or Chelsea or Leicester, let alone given him game time.
Fulham was the perfect oportunity. Playing against one of the worst teams in the league, we should be expecting to be able to bring on a youngster in the second half to get some playing time.
Laughing at a random bloke on the internet thinking he knows more about footie than Ancelotti.
Laughing at the random bloke(s) on the internet who can't accept that our manager can be questioned, or could possibly be wrong, just because his name is Carlo Ancelotti.

Well he’s getting some game time anyway. This from an England U20s game last week against Villa. I’m not sure of the team names , but in the squad none were regular players for their first teams .
7C0B4D9F-B586-4E0C-A0EF-6FC10644852C.jpeg

Fulham was the perfect oportunity. Playing against one of the worst teams in the league, we should be expecting to be able to bring on a youngster in the second half to get some playing time.

Laughing at the random bloke(s) on the internet who can't accept that our manager can be questioned, or could possibly be wrong, just because his name is Carlo Ancelotti.
People did the same crap with Silva. No I don't know more but I can still think he's making mistakes.

Managers have blindspots to both good players and bad players. It's undoubted. Moyes had this to Neville when he was CLEARLY past it. Carlo, for whatever reason and I cannot fathom what it is, seems to have this with Sigurdsson. I have said this for ages, I don't give one care in the world what a player shows in training, if they constantly fail in the match then what does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.