2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton fans in hugely overrating academy product shocker.
Wanting to see him play instead of clearly not good enough players like Bernard just to see if Gordon is good isn't overrating, it's genuinely wanting to see what his level is.

This feels the same as Lookman who fwiw would certainly be a useful addition to our squad at the minute. It's worth giving Gordon a chance.

The problem does exist though, it is from Turkey/Iceland/Brazil and until Sunday, Nigeria (England by Birth).

He certainly did enough in the cup games to warrant some bench time and, perhaps game time ahead of the above. We ALL saw it,

I can only assume, Gylf shows more in training than Gordon, every week
Well I’m sure if he works hard he’ll get his opportunity, no point people worrying about it

Sure people just want him to be given a chance to prove he can do a better job than Gylfi Sigurdsson like.

Hardly overrating anyone to say that they’re better than Siggurdson. Behave.
Why’s sigurdsson always the example though? They don’t play the same position/role so it’s a totally pointless comparison. You know as well I do that unless he’s as good as Richarlison then in 18 months time the same people saying it’s an absolute disgrace that he’s not picked will be saying it’s an absolute disgrace that he is picked. See Davies, Tom or Barkley, Ross for reference.

Why’s sigurdsson always the example though? They don’t play the same position/role so it’s a totally pointless comparison. You know as well I do that unless he’s as good as Richarlison then in 18 months time the same people saying it’s an absolute disgrace that he’s not picked will be saying it’s an absolute disgrace that he is picked. See Davies, Tom or Barkley, Ross for reference.

He’s the example because he’s a player that has performed outright poorly for several years yet still gets on the pitch most weeks, yet people justify Ancelotti’s decision to freeze Gordon out because he had a couple of quiet appearances off the bench for 20 minutes. They are two players that are treated differently and in my mind, unfairly.

Wanting to see him play instead of clearly not good enough players like Bernard just to see if Gordon is good isn't overrating, it's genuinely wanting to see what his level is.

This feels the same as Lookman who fwiw would certainly be a useful addition to our squad at the minute. It's worth giving Gordon a chance.

Lookman wanted out and fast now look at him found his level at Craven Cottage.

Because Siggurdson consistently plays ahead of him. He came on yesterday for Richarlison when the obvious choice would be Gordon. He played left wing ahead of Gordon as well the other week.
And even if Siggurdson doesn’t play left wing, we’re shifting the team around to try and accommodate his awfulness instead of just playing like for like and putting Gordon in in his natural position.

He’s the example because he’s a player that has performed outright poorly for several years yet still gets on the pitch most weeks, yet people justify Ancelotti’s decision to freeze Gordon out because he had a couple of quiet appearances off the bench for 20 minutes. They are two players that are treated differently and in my mind, unfairly.
But he’s not competing with him for his place in the squad, that’s the point. It’s like saying he must be behind Olsen in the pecking order. I think it’s fine saying you’d like to see more of him like, I just think it’s also good to acknowledge that it’s out of curiosity/general desire for an academy prospect to be great, rather than because he actually looks ready to be a regular PL starter in a team that really doesn’t have that many issues in his position.

But he’s not competing with him for his place in the squad, that’s the point. It’s like saying he must be behind Olsen in the pecking order. I think it’s fine saying you’d like to see more of him like, I just think it’s also good to acknowledge that it’s out of curiosity/general desire for an academy prospect to be great, rather than because he actually looks ready to be a regular PL starter in a team that really doesn’t have that many issues in his position.

Sigurdsson actually has come on in Gordon’s position a fair few times, as he did yesterday. He also started there against Newcastle. It isn’t right.

Status
Not open for further replies.