2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t create a pathway to the team for youngsters or give them time on loan, they will always want out and you will be left signing 30 year old has beens and crap players like we have.

You need some players to pan out from the academy if only for sales and depth at the very least. Freezing out our more promising talent for Slugly Sigurdsson and co. will be the death of the club.

There could of course be another scenario where after the high of Gordon’s initial performances he has dropped down a level in performances and rather than destroying his confidence and the fans opinion of him, Ancelotti is allowing him time on the training pitch to work back to his best form. Perhaps to shield him from the hysteria and subsequent criticism that came the way of Barkley and Davies when they couldn’t maintain their own standards after good starts. Who knows what is going on behind closed doors but I doubt there’s a conspiracy to deliberately not play a bright young talent when Ancelotti has had no problem playing him in the past.

A bit weird how he has literally saw no game time, would like to see him get.

Looking at the fixtures for the remainder of 2020, can only realistically see him getting game time in the next 2 against Leeds and Burnley.

Shame, but maybe he came into the side too early last season given how awful we were, get him out on loan in Jan.

A bit weird how he has literally saw no game time, would like to see him get.

Looking at the fixtures for the remainder of 2020, can only realistically see him getting game time in the next 2 against Leeds and Burnley.

Shame, but maybe he came into the side too early last season given how awful we were, get him out on loan in Jan.

....Lewis Gibson is on loan and seeing just as much game time as he had here. These loans rarely work, they are not the ‘La La Land’ folk assume they are. Better he remains here working with Ancelotti as far as I’m concerned.

....Lewis Gibson is on loan and seeing just as much game time as he had here. These loans rarely work, they are not the ‘La La Land’ folk assume they are. Better he remains here working with Ancelotti as far as I’m concerned.

I mean you're right, it's not always a success. But you know, in the ideal loan in which he actually get's 15+ games, it's obviously better than maybe 2/3 FA Cup games and 15 minute cameos once every 6 PL games.

Because Siggurdson consistently plays ahead of him. He came on yesterday for Richarlison when the obvious choice would be Gordon. He played left wing ahead of Gordon as well the other week.
And even if Siggurdson doesn’t play left wing, we’re shifting the team around to try and accommodate his awfulness instead of just playing like for like and putting Gordon in in his natural position.

Laughing at a random bloke on the internet thinking he knows more about footie than Ancelotti.

I mean you're right, it's not always a success. But you know, in the ideal loan in which he actually get's 15+ games, it's obviously better than maybe 2/3 FA Cup games and 15 minute cameos once every 6 PL games.

...and that’s the problem. He’s a very talented youngster but points are a premium in lower leagues and Managers will not be looking at what’s best for loanee. He could go somewhere and go backwards as happened with the likes of Galloway and Garbutt.

i don’t know why he’s not involved as he looked a thoroughbred at the end of last season, i just hope Ancelotti has it all in hand.

...and that’s the problem. He’s a very talented youngster but points are a premium in lower leagues and Managers will not be looking at what’s best for loanee. He could go somewhere and go backwards as happened with the likes of Galloway and Garbutt.

i don’t know why he’s not involved as he looked a thoroughbred at the end of last season, i just hope Ancelotti has it all in hand.
Begs the question
. What ever happened to Galloway. Looked a real player when he had those first team games at LB. Bad loans then never heard of him again

Status
Not open for further replies.