2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has gone badly wrong here? He didn’t play for U23 the other day so I presumed he’d be in today’s squad. He could easily fill the LWB place with his pace

Pretty sure he's picked up a knock, didn't spot him in the training videos.
Not that he'd be in the squad if he was available anyway cos carlo hates him

I mean none of us can definitively say whether he does of course, but I am leaning more towards the fact that he does based on the evidence I have been given so far.
I believe the story that he approached the boss to ask about game time but I find I hard to believe that he’s just getting deliberately ignored because of it

It's a who!e lot easier to cast aside a young, home grown player who cost us nothing to the outer dregs of the club than a player who cost 45 million and who clearly hasn't performed, and hasn't the capability of performing. a coward of a player who offers nothing yet still manages to retain the captain's armband and is given more game time than a more gifted home grown player.

Casting aside Gordon is the easy, no repercussion decision and is a cowardly act from the coaching staff.

While some Everton fans don't rate Gordon that highly, 95% of Everton fans would have Gordon above Siggy in the pecking order. His axing from the squad is disgraceful.

Marcel Brands has discussed his hopes for Anthony Gordon and his development at Everton.

The director of football was answering questions from academy players from the under-6, under-7 and under-8 levels alongside striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The conversation turned to who Brands' favourite player at the club was and, while the Dutchman claimed that all the stars fell under that description, did choose to highlight the development of Gordon.

The winger has struggled for regular game time over recent weeks despite the calls of many Everton fans for him to be given a chance once more, following some impressive performances at the beginning of the term.

And the director of football is another who has high hopes for the 19-year-old.

Brands told the Q&A session : "If I mention one name that's always difficult because they're all my favourites!

"But I'm really happy with the development now of Anthony Gordon.

"He's a young player from the academy, so I hope he will be the next one that can be a real starter in the near future.

"I'm really hopeful for that and I really support that."

Marcel Brands has discussed his hopes for Anthony Gordon and his development at Everton.

The director of football was answering questions from academy players from the under-6, under-7 and under-8 levels alongside striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The conversation turned to who Brands' favourite player at the club was and, while the Dutchman claimed that all the stars fell under that description, did choose to highlight the development of Gordon.

The winger has struggled for regular game time over recent weeks despite the calls of many Everton fans for him to be given a chance once more, following some impressive performances at the beginning of the term.

And the director of football is another who has high hopes for the 19-year-old.

Brands told the Q&A session : "If I mention one name that's always difficult because they're all my favourites!

"But I'm really happy with the development now of Anthony Gordon.

"He's a young player from the academy, so I hope he will be the next one that can be a real starter in the near future.

"I'm really hopeful for that and I really support that."

he may mention it to Ancellotti

Pretty sure he's picked up a knock, didn't spot him in the training videos.
Not that he'd be in the squad if he was available anyway cos carlo hates him

A 'feels good to be back' post on Instagram confirms he must have picked up a knock last week.
Pretty sure he still won't be involved tomorrow though

Status
Not open for further replies.