2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unless of course that player is Iwobi
Nope, if you have a look I haven't commented on Iwobi after today's game. The midfield were given an unenviable task, Ancelotti set up to deny Liverpool space between the lines and to hit the RS on the break and it nearly worked. No attacking midfielder was going to look good today. I'm no fan of Iwobi but he stuck to his unglamorous task ok today, his job was to stifle the fullback, primarily, and that was achieved. Don't worry, when he produces nothing against a very poor Norwich side I'll get back to sla99ing him off.

Get over to Ibiza in the summer lad.
The sun sorts your spots out.
Slot some birds and come back strong.
Clubs are all shut in Ibiza this year, he'll have to jet over to Florida to do his slotting. He'll come back with the clap and the Rona, mind.

Am I the only one to say if?

Thought he was poor. Just couldn’t retain possession. He’s young, and I think he can only get better, but just didn’t think he played great today.

He did have a midfield who decided to swerve giving him support and he actually wanted the gall, so I say give him a run in the team for me. Get him in against Norwich on Wednesday and hopefully we can see him grow in confidence.

Early days, but if Carlo sees a player then there’s something there.

Nope, if you have a look I haven't commented on Iwobi after today's game. The midfield were given an unenviable task, Ancelotti set up to deny Liverpool space between the lines and to hit the RS on the break and it nearly worked. No attacking midfielder was going to look good today. I'm no fan of Iwobi but he stuck to his unglamorous task ok today, his job was to stifle the fullback, primarily, and that was achieved. Don't worry, when he produces nothing against a very poor Norwich side I'll get back to sla99ing him off.
All good. I meant more generally it seems like everyone is keen to go after Iwobi today while giving the rest a bit of a pass because of the opponent, tactics, etc. Norwich is a huge game for Alex and Anthony. It's a real chance for them to show a bit.

Liverpool are most dangerous when attacking from the flanks, they do not have much creativity in the middle.
It was clear that Gordon and Iwobi had very definite defensive roles to play and both did it very well.
I think the manager will be happy with both of them.

I thought Andre Gomes got caught out by not moving the ball quickly enough. I thought he was possibly our weakest player today but his touch and judgement will come with games.

Such a mature performance from a team of boys, very encouraging and you can see why the manager would like to bring in more experience.

All good. I meant more generally it seems like everyone is keen to go after Iwobi today while giving the rest a bit of a pass because of the opponent, tactics, etc. Norwich is a huge game for Alex and Anthony. It's a real chance for them to show a bit.
Iwobi is carrying baggage from the rest of the season, if this was one of his first few games he'd be given a pass. Once you lose the crowd at Everton it is usually over, I can't think of many who come back from the brink. DCL did it, so maybe he's got a chance but I'm not optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.