2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tried his best.....
Thought he did ok tbh. Nothing spectacular but obeyed the orders Ancellotti gave him. Nice flick to line up Rico for a shot which he scuffed. Nearly put DCL in but pass just underhit. Hopefully see a bit more of him in the next gamesBut imagine being a blue making your debut in a derby. The one thing you dont want to do is make a mistake for them to score. He looks ok to me

Bit lightweight a few times but when he got the ball looked to either go forward or pass forward. Barely a touch second half before he was pulled off. Happy to see him get his chance for the rest of the season.

Tough game for the kid , no doubt.

Played in a poor midfield v a decent team.

He will learn a lot from that.

I know what your saying mate, I'm not trying to argue with you.

If he gets chances great, if he doesn't get another start and someone gets a chance all I'm saying is he can't be disappointed. He didn't take that chance today by the scruff of the neck. Maybe he will next time, or the time after that.
If you listen to the manager though it seemed the plan was to stop Mané & Trent. So It seems Gordon had a specific job to try and stop him. Obviously he’s an attacking player and I’m sure he’s frustrated he couldn’t do more.

Confidence from
The manager that he trusted him to do that job over siggurdsson, Bernard and iwobi.

With the lack of options we have currently he should get a good run for the rest of the season to make an impact.

If you listen to the manager though it seemed the plan was to stop Mané & Trent. So It seems Gordon had a specific job to try and stop him. Obviously he’s an attacking player and I’m sure he’s frustrated he couldn’t do more.

Confidence from
The manager that he trusted him to do that job over siggurdsson, Bernard and iwobi.

If that's the case mate then thats a good tactical lesson for the kid. I'm not sure that's what is needed from him during these pre season games but if he's following the managers orders then fair play.

Tough game so cant judge too harshly but he didnt have that wow factor like Rooney/Barkley had where you knew you had a top player on your hands.

Looked more like Davies in that lightweight 5/10 type performance.

Think he has to get a decent loan move next season and see if he can progress

Bit lightweight a few times but when he got the ball looked to either go forward or pass forward. Barely a touch second half before he was pulled off. Happy to see him get his chance for the rest of the season.
Tbf as a team we barely had a touch for those 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.