2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not quite sure what people were seeing today, but he was definitely not ready. Would be fine getting time in games that are less important or already won, as I think hes got a ton of potential, but when given 6-7 good opportunities to just make one simple open pass/ball to advance a key move, missed every one because he looked overwhelmed.

Again, hes young, so thats fine, but was clearly very overwhelmed and best eased into it.

Not quite sure what people were seeing today, but he was definitely not ready. Would be fine getting time in games that are less important or already won, as I think hes got a ton of potential, but when given 6-7 good opportunities to just make one simple open pass/ball to advance a key move, missed every one because he looked overwhelmed.

Again, hes young, so thats fine, but was clearly very overwhelmed and best eased into it.
This weird restart is the best time honestly. Europe looks a long shot and we arent going down. Not to mention getting 5 subs.

This weird restart is the best time honestly. Europe looks a long shot and we arent going down. Not to mention getting 5 subs.
I do think the 5 subs is a great time to get younger players games, great for players like Gordon. But probably 20 minutes, or instead starts against teams like Norwich. 6 inches or maybe Bernard plays most of the game and we end up 2 points closer today.

....I don’t think he was very good but that’s understandable. Once he feels he belongs he’ll have the confidence to do the things he does in youth football, but he needs to convince the manager that he’s worthy of game time. He’ll become more effective, it’s just whether he gets to play.

Playing probably the best team in Europe at the moment, on the back of a lengthy break from competitive action, in a team he's largely unfamiliar with. Hardly seems the ideal grounds to judge him either way.
So you're saying Bruce that we shouldn't make a knee-jerk and short-sighted decision that will stand with the lads for the rest of his Everton career?

Are you saying that there's actually more than the choices of "He's bosssss laaaaa. Like Messi!" and "Rubbish! Get rid!"? That's not very Everton of you.

Anyone who is involved in a clean sheet against that lot after some of the horror stories we’ve had shows that they at least did the basics correctly of defending and tracking runners. This is a lot more than others in the same position have done.

Difficult game to judge him by. I hope he either starts or gets at least half hour as a sub against Norwich. He wasn't awful by any stretch of the imagination but just didn't get enough of the ball to show what he can do.

So you're saying Bruce that we shouldn't make a knee-jerk and short-sighted decision that will stand with the lads for the rest of his Everton career?

Are you saying that there's actually more than the choices of "He's bosssss laaaaa. Like Messi!" and "Rubbish! Get rid!"? That's not very Everton of you.

I'll admit that I didn't watch the game so have no idea how he played, but just think that anyone new to the team at the moment is hard to really judge, if for no other reason than the lack of crowd presence creating a somewhat surreal environment that's more akin to a pre-season friendly than a competitive fixture.

It was a right decision to play him from the start.
Because he can prepare himself properly and has time to absorb the game.
Carlo once said something like that about Gomes when he returned from injury.
Gordon got 60 minutes which is good for him.
Play in last 10-15 minutes always difficult to adjust yourself especially for kids lol

Status
Not open for further replies.