2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not all down to unsworth though, there is no pathway to the 1st team and hasn't been for years now.
Shambolicly(not sure that's a word) run

No it's a collective problem. But he's the second most senior member of staff in our academy after (presumably) Brands.

Unsworth's team play agricultural hoof and run. It's not suitable for producing technical players. And his selections of older players who have zero future here are utterly pointless.

I accept that people can’t read every item of news from the club, but for me it was obvious that Gordon wouldn’t be playing today from Ancelotti’s views earlier this week where he basically said Gordon has talent , needs to improve some areas and we have to have patience with him . I’m accepting of that , and will look to Carlo to improve him and pick him in the squad when the time is right. I’ve cutnpasted his words below:

“And although Ancelotti, who won his opening Premier League games, against Burnley and Newcastle United, is urging patience over Gordon, the 18-year-old continues to train with Everton’s squad.

“I would like to know about all the young players – it would be good to have players come from the Academy into the first team,” added Ancelotti.

“Anthony Gordon is working with us.

“I see a lot of quality in him. He has to improve and we have to be patient with him.

“But he has the quality to be at the top level.

“He has to gain more knowledge and experience but his quality is very good.”

Good eye to try and get Kean in then, even if the delivery didnt match teh thinking.

He's putting the effort in, perhaps looks a little nervous which is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.