Angry Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was more than angry at Moyes’s last game at Goodison versus WHU when 95% of the crowd stayed to applaud bar steward at the end of the game, I was on my toes and out of the ground the second the referee blew the whistle for full time, glad to see a few more coming out as well, those who stayed gave him a thunderous round of applause, a man who was allowed to manage the club months after he agreed to manage another club, unbelievable !!!
Ferguson said in his book that he was talking to Moyes in the January. Moyes wouldnt sign a new contract because he knew the United job was his. If he had we could have got £5 million.compo off United. Goes down as Barkley type for me. But Barkley rightly gets stuck but some blues want to clap Moyes

The atmosphere that whole game was great and much more enjoyable than the norm.
It helped that on that day we played some really decent football, and should have come away with more than the 2 we did.
Was also fun when the West Ham fans started singing:
"You've got no manager"
To which we sung back:
"You've got Sam Allardyce"...
How that came back to bite us on the arse!

It helped that on that day we played some really decent football, and should have come away with more than the 2 we did.
Was also fun when the West Ham fans started singing:
"You've got no manager"
To which we sung back:
"You've got Sam Allardyce"...
How that came back to bite us on the arse!

Incidentally, a pal pointed out to me that the minute by minute match report on the BBC sport website mentioned the chanting, but misreported us as singing:
"We want Sam Allardyce"... Idiots.

Anger mixed with ecstasy at the Chelsea cup game with the Lukaku double. Really angry atmosphere towards the cocky Fulham Broadway's finest and in particular Diego Costa. It got to him in the end which resulted in his red card.
On the Man Utd Duncan Ferguson night, seasoned Utd fans actually asking what the Goodison crowd were on, as theyd never experienced anything like it.

Mate of mine was in the UTD end seen me in the Park End going mental at them and their team, along with most of those sat by me, and said afterwards, our fans are psycho's.

Nights like that are rare but special.

The reaction Moyes got at that West Ham game annoyed me, the majority of fans were cheering the Man Utd manager. He got short shrift when he clapped the travelling support at Chelsea in his final game the week after.

FA CUP game v Millwall 1970's awful anger fighting in the Gladwys street as the Millwall fans went to take it pre match fatalities I am afraid to say - a bit of a blood bath horrific scenes - the Millwall fans passed me on stretchers I was in the paddock blood dripping through the stretchers - we got beat 2-0 as well.......awful sickening scenes the Gladys street were expecting them - chains, knives, and hammers flashing for 90 seconds...... they the ran to the park end were they should have gone to in the first place instead of singing were going to take the Street end.....

Imagine screaming at the ref through the mask .... Or how many people your saliva is going to reach during a good old rant at Lee Mason.... Anyway on a lighter note....

The Trouble with Masks and singing at the ground...

To the tune of Here We Go.

Muh Muh Muh
Muh Muh Muh
Muh Muh Muh

And... The much loved

It's a Mah Mah Mah to Mah for...

BTs own Peter Walton, the purveyor of refereeing incompetence that day. Seem to remember he never ventured near the sidelines for most of that game.
Strange

I remember the Blackburn game.

The idiot lino denied us the goals. And, even weirder, Walton said Goodison was his favourite ground and where he was pleased to ref his last game (we beat Newcastle ...talking of which.. 2-2 draw anyone?

FA CUP game v Millwall 1970's awful anger fighting in the Gladwys street as the Millwall fans went to take it pre match fatalities I am afraid to say - a bit of a blood bath horrific scenes - the Millwall fans passed me on stretchers I was in the paddock blood dripping through the stretchers - we got beat 2-0 as well.......awful sickening scenes the Gladys street were expecting them - chains, knives, and hammers flashing for 90 seconds...... they the ran to the park end were they should have gone to in the first place instead of singing were going to take the Street end.....

That was my first ever game and lots of it kicked off in the gladwys street right in front of us all in the boys pen

That was my first ever game and lots of it kicked off in the gladwys street right in front of us all in the boys pen
It certainly did they entered the side entrance to the Gladywys street side entrance in the corner by the paddock, and the boys pen chanting- We are going to take the street end ......as we got into the paddock at the top step we had a Birdseye view of the blood curdling battle it was over in minutes 2 may of died the rest ran down to the park end ...... absolute suicide the Everton hooligan element must have had prior knowledge, they were tooled up with all kinds of weapons......
They never stood a chance stupid sods......
We got beat 2-0 out f the cup to a lower team ......awful scenes at the beginning worst I ever seen tbh ..,..

Quite fitting that our last game there before the plague was angry Goodison at its finest when we scored the goal against Man Utd and it got ruled out because Sigurdsson was ‘interfering’ with play.

I lost my voice after that game screaming abuse at the ref.

Was that our last game? That feels like years ago

Goodison could do with a bit of atmosphere these days, angry or otherwise. The atmosphere has been awful, even angry noise would lift the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.