2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs DCL up top / to be out wide for him to blossom fizzing balls in.

Think we'll be a much stronger side when DCL is back and Richarlison is in behind who is such a hard worker tracking back.
Bang average, spent most of his career in the bottom half, should be nowhere this team moving forward. Gray is totally different as he’s still young enough to fulfill his potential. Townsend offers very little

An average to above average player but still one of the more important player in the team. Says more about the quality of the current team. No complains if he is starting this season and a sub/squad player for the next 1 or 2 seasons.

An average to above average player but still one of the more important player in the team. Says more about the quality of the current team. No complains if he is starting this season and a sub/squad player for the next 1 or 2 seasons.
Not for me, sit him on the bench for 10 games and we wouldn’t see a drop off , unlike DCL, Richarlison, gray now, Doucoure even Mina though he is becoming a very frustrating player, with his constant injuries

But Townsend has been poor lately and offers nothing in the second striker role. I’d even play iwobi before him, which says it all

Not for me, sit him on the bench for 10 games and we wouldn’t see a drop off , unlike DCL, Richarlison, gray now, Doucoure even Mina though he is becoming a very frustrating player, with his constant injuries

But Townsend has been poor lately and offers nothing in the second striker role. I’d even play iwobi before him, which says it all
Second striker perhaps on par with Iwobi but winger definitely Townsend over Iwobi. Not like the squad is brimming with quality in those positions. Who else can be played there this season and please don't say the kids. In an ideal situation, Townsend as occasional starter and sub, Iwobi sold.

Second striker perhaps on par with Iwobi but winger definitely Townsend over Iwobi. Not like the squad is brimming with quality in those positions. Who else can be played there this season and please don't say the kids. In an ideal situation, Townsend as occasional starter and sub, Iwobi sold.
I agree iwobi should be sold, but I’d play Gordon before him now, he deserves a run. Also with DCL hopefully back soon he could play gray & Richarlison wide

Townsend been a bottom half prem player for most of his career. And is looking like one at the moment.

I agree iwobi should be sold, but I’d play Gordon before him now, he deserves a run. Also with DCL hopefully back soon he could play gray & Richarlison wide

Townsend been a bottom half prem player for most of his career. And is looking like one at the moment.
Gordon has been playing and I think Richarlison is better in the middle.

Dcl
Gray - Richarlison - New RW
New CM - Doucoure
New lb - Keane/Mina - New cb - New rb
Pickford (open to a better replacement)

Sad just typing how many new players are needed after 58 players, over 500m spent and over 200m net spend. And that's just the first 11. Not even upgrading the squad depth yet.

Until we get some more players who actually have a voice and have a strong sense of professionalism then we need Andros at least on the bench .
He may not be the best technical player we have but he's a decent shout from the bench and we need more characters around the place so the club can wheel him out instead of the 60000 Irish broken record .

I like him , puts the effort in and on the wing ,does a decent job he hasn't been on his own with a dip in form.
Going forward he is a decent player to have in the squad and we haven't got to .any of those.
Will do till we can bring in some quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.