2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a moronic thing to do from an experienced player. Basically did what he did for England all those years ago. Had a few good games and nothing since.

Was his worst game for us, I don't think there was any intent in the challenge but once that 'referee' my god do I use that word lightly gives it he must give one for the shirt pulling of Rondon and to not do so is inexplicable.

Been poor for weeks now. Great lad but not good enough. The fact Palace didn’t offer him a new contract and the lack of interest in him over the summer tells you everything you need to know about his level. Not good enough… Another one to add to the long list.

Aimless crosses than more often than not have too much on them and go over everyone. That’s when we have people in the box.. majority of the time he doesn’t look up and just blasts it in when nobody is even in the box.

Him and Gordon today where the best players at breaking up our attacks.

Signing him was a huge red flag about our ambition for the season. He’s a bottom third of the table Prem plodder, and that’s exactly what we’ve seen after his bright start.

It's what I said when we signed him, Gray & Rondon, we're building a team to fight for relegation not for the top, Him & Gray only look like worldies because the rest of the team is utter gash, there's a reason Palace let him go and we got Gray for a million, they're not bad signings to add depth (Excluding Rondon who is bad anyway you look at it) but they're not adding depth, they've become our main players which says it all about the rest

Got away with being called out for the massively average player that he is because he's a decent feller and says the right things.

Seems a sound feller and tries all the time but said it when he joined he's a bit sh1t in he

Signing him was a huge red flag about our ambition for the season. He’s a bottom third of the table Prem plodder, and that’s exactly what we’ve seen after his bright start.
Definitely agree, Townsend is a bench option at best. He was good at the start of the season but there’s a reason why he was playing for Crystal Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.