Confirmed Signing Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both were much better than some of their big money replacements, like Beattie and Bilyaletdinov for example.

I won’t be surprised if Townsend goes on to be just as effective as say the 20 million pound Walcott, who I don’t think was disastrous himself, and I think we missed his input last season.
Comparing Townsend to Kilbane and Walcott shows just how much of a meh signing it is. He doesn't make us better.

Comparing Townsend to Kilbane and Walcott shows just how much of a meh signing it is. He doesn't make us better.
Don't think any one is disagreeing however if it wasn't Townsend it would be a similarly cheap signing. Probably better off going for a known quality to do a job than a unfamiliar name who might excite us more (by virtue of just being unknown) but might be a complete dud.

Don't think any one is disagreeing however if it wasn't Townsend it would be a similarly cheap signing. Probably better off going for a known quality to do a job than a unfamiliar name who might excite us more (by virtue of just being unknown) but might be a complete dud.
There's a decent chance a 30 year old Townsend will flop and then we're lumbered with his big wages, that's how we do things remember.

Marcus Bent and Kevin Kilbane were utterly mediocre players that should never have been in the frame at this club. So, yeah, they are like them.
Marcus Bent worked his ass off to get us to our highest league position in years. If he was ‘medoicre’ It says a lot about the more reknowned players then and since who’ve stunk the place out.
I’m not suggesting Townsend and Gray are elite, but I expect they’ll be more proficient than many of our high-fee darlings.

There's a decent chance a 30 year old Townsend will flop and then we're lumbered with his big wages, that's how we do things remember.
We’re good at taking on flops irrespective of the cost. I’d rather the flops were the cheaper ones and not our so-called elite.

Marcus Bent worked his ass off to get us to our highest league position in years. If he was ‘medoicre’ It says a lot about the more reknowned players then and since who’ve stunk the place out.
I’m not suggesting Townsend and Gray are elite, but I expect they’ll be more proficient than many of our high-fee darlings.
Bent did that all by himself, did he? Impressive.
We’re good at taking on flops irrespective of the cost. I’d rather the flops were the cheaper ones and not our so-called elite.
Maybe we should just try and not sign flops of any price.

You’d take Marcus Bent over Lukaku mate???

Has some fire in his belly. Like to hear that.

Ability wise we can argue all day long, but he sounds like he's got hunger back which will do me.

40ka week or what ever is not big wages over 2 years compared to he replaced at £20 mill signing fee and 80k per week for 5 years, plus he already offers more than theo

Status
Not open for further replies.