Confirmed Signing Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it depends what kind of spin you want to put in it to suit a point you want to make.

Whether I say 'released' or 'left Crystal Palace because they didn't want to offer him the money he wanted' makes absolutely no difference to the substance of the point I was making. No 'spin' at all. Released is actually more appropriate as nobody on here knows the exact reason why he left the club as a free agent.

The key point is that a player who is such a great and consistent premier league winger wouldn't typically end up a free agent and going to mid table Everton.

Why people are being so defensive over Townsend is beyond me. Very strange.

Whether I say 'released' or 'left Crystal Palace because they didn't want to offer him the money he wanted' makes absolutely no difference to the substance of the point I was making. No 'spin' at all. Released is actually more appropriate as nobody on here knows the exact reason why he left the club as a free agent.

The key point is that a player who is such a great and consistent premier league winger wouldn't typically end up a free agent and going to mid table Everton.

Why people are being so defensive over Townsend is beyond me. Very strange.
James was a free....

Palace released Andros Townsend.

Sergio Ramos was also released, as Madrid didn't want to give him a two year contract and only offered him one.

I'm not sure what your point is really.
I feel like you know what his point is. Palace released him as he was out of contract and didn't agree to an extension with them.

It's not like when we sacked off say Niasse. They wanted to keep him but he wanted to try something new.

I feel like you know what his point is. Palace released him as he was out of contract and didn't agree to an extension with them.

It's not like when we sacked off say Niasse. They wanted to keep him but he wanted to try something new.

You're making assertions there which you don't really know. Was it because he wanted to try something new, or was it because they wouldn't pay him what he wanted ?

Either way, he was released by Palace...

You're making assertions there which you don't really know. Was it because he wanted to try something new, or was it because they wouldn't pay him what he wanted ?

Either way, he was released by Palace...

The club wouldnt make him an offer until they had a manager. When Viera pitched up he was straight with Townsend and said he didnt want/need him.

Shows the level of our squad has been at recently when a player from Palace who quite a few don’t even want can come in and in the first game do some thing that no Everton player has done for ages.
The current level of our squad is mid table....we can't get ahead of our expectations this season.

Does it matter if it goes down as a 'release' or 'expired' or 'fired out of a great big cannon'.

End of the day he was available on a free and may, or may not turn out a decent grab for a couple of years. Can certainly cross a ball.

The only positives I can think of are that he was free and has a decent cross on him. Other than that, he's a bit of an underwhelming signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.