Confirmed Signing Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally has every attribute our squad has lacked for years. He's been one of the most consistent and effective wingers in the Premier League for several years now.

But his last name is Townsend not Tonsenio, he's from Palace and not Villarreal, he's old not experienced. So he's [Poor language removed].

Might surprise a few this chap.

Literally has every attribute our squad has lacked for years. He's been one of the most consistent and effective wingers in the Premier League for several years now.

But his last name is Townsend not Tonsenio, he's from Palace and not Villarreal, he's old not experienced. So he's [Poor language removed].

He was released by Palace lol

His first name is Andros. That makes up for the boring ass surname.

That doesn't affect whether he's been a highly effective winger for several years or whether he will for us though.

I think logic would dictate that one of the “most consistent wingers” in the league wouldn’t be released by Palace for nothing.

Also not a fan of your implication that the fanbase are morons who don’t rate a player because of his name.

Andrex looked all right last night.
or was it just that the default ball seemed to be to hoof it up the pitch for him to chase because Iwobi was stinking out the other wing.

I thought he did very well last night. Kept it simple but was quite effective. Took up some good offensive positions for crossfield passes, and put some decent crosses into the box. Whisper it, but I think he could be a big upgrade on anyone who played down the right for us last season.

I think logic would dictate that one of the “most consistent wingers” in the league wouldn’t be released by Palace for nothing.

Also not a fan of your implication that the fanbase are morons who don’t rate a player because of his name.
A) Player contract renewals are never that black and white. They're dependent on individual and club circumstance, agent demands, managerial changes etc.

B) My absolute statement rather than implication is yes, football fans at large tend to make ill researched generalisations about players, having never really watched them play 90 minutes or looked at statistics that would bear out quite well if the individual was playing with better quality or a different profile of team-mate.

Antonio Conte is the master of horses for courses and achieves a lot of success for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.