2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been utterly terrible for a long, long time now
Before the injury too. People just don't want to back their judgment on players. Somebody in their mid-20s is not going to transform into Lionel Messi with a bit of patience. Holgate was another who it was clear for a long time now is not of the requisite standard. Gomes was a disaster at Barcelona. It was clear he suffered some form of personal crisis there. He had been consistently poor even prior to the Son incident. Like Coleman, people who weren't paying attention put his decline down to his injury, but the writing was already on the wall after a series of consistently poor displays.

Gomes, I fear, will become a convenient scapegoat for many who will use him as their one and only sacrifice when so many other players in this squad have been similarly disastrous for us over the course of more than one season.

I still maintain that he could do ok in a more pedestrian league. Somewhere like the Eredivisie would be good for him.

It's a question of would he personally be willing to take a significant pay cut for a new contract and fresh start elsewhere. He isn't a poor man and we gave him that same fresh start very lucratively once.

At least the club should have discussions with him and his agent in that respect and not just take a passive view that nothing can be done.

We need to start taking more assertive steps to deal with the issue of unwanted players still in contract, starting now and starting with Gomes.

Over to you, Thelwell.

I still maintain that he could do ok in a more pedestrian league. Somewhere like the Eredivisie would be good for him.

It's a question of would he personally be willing to take a significant pay cut for a new contract and fresh start elsewhere. He isn't a poor man and we gave him that same fresh start very lucratively once.

At least the club should have discussions with him and his agent in that respect and not just take a passive view that nothing can be done.

We need to start taking more assertive steps to deal with the issue of unwanted players still in contract, starting now and starting with Gomes.

Over to you, Thelwell.

He’d do fine back in Spain. They all just walk around the pitch.

Over to you, Thelwell.
He will be useful if football implements a ban on running, pressing and forbids any player from getting within 3 yards of the opponent.

Football has evolve beyond his capability even before his injury. He can’t even survive in a slow Spanish league with world class players around him.

I blame Brands.

Over to you, Thelwell.
i was thinking more malta or luxembourg!

Before the injury too. People just don't want to back their judgment on players. Somebody in their mid-20s is not going to transform into Lionel Messi with a bit of patience. Holgate was another who it was clear for a long time now is not of the requisite standard. Gomes was a disaster at Barcelona. It was clear he suffered some form of personal crisis there. He had been consistently poor even prior to the Son incident. Like Coleman, people who weren't paying attention put his decline down to his injury, but the writing was already on the wall after a series of consistently poor displays.

Gomes, I fear, will become a convenient scapegoat for many who will use him as their one and only sacrifice when so many other players in this squad have been similarly disastrous for us over the course of more than one season.
Spot on

Done at this level, not nice too see people struggle but he can't hack the pace of the league and he can't seem to hold people off like he used to. Real shame because he is talented technically.

This is one of the most frustrating things with him because it is true, but he unfortunately only shows glimpses of that throughout the duration of his time on the pitch. And I am talking like 2 or 3 times a game maximum and it never leads to anything of note either.

He is not good enough for this league. Needs to be one of the first sold.

Andre Gomes, on his day looks decent

But he doesn't have the mentality to be an Everton player. Can't tackle for the life of him, making him an automated foul machine and/or porous membrane. We should avoid signings like this in the future please

Status
Not open for further replies.