2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not a case of having the wrong mentality, it’s a case of having more resource to improve the squad.

There will be talent all over the globe who are desperate to play in the Premier League, and we could have them on our books, be more creative than Gomes and be on a fraction of his wages.

£80k a week for a bench player is all well and good if you’re Manchester City, but we’ve got a stupidly high wage Bill as it is, and we’ve not got the turnover to command £80k a week for a bench player.

Oh and sorry, I sound like The Esk lol

Oh, I'm not saying it's £80k per week particularly well spent. I just feel that if we want to be challenging for the top 4 on a regular basis, then we need 80k a week squad players.

We can't have a squad of 25-30 on that sort of money or more, but we defo need about 18 maybe?

Gomes is a player we definitely have to look to move on. I like him and he hasn’t been bad in a few games this season but he’s injury prone and extremely slow.

Cash in whilst we can and reinvest in some proper energy in that midfield.

Gomes is a player we definitely have to look to move on. I like him and he hasn’t been bad in a few games this season but he’s injury prone and extremely slow.

....I doubt Ancelotti will want to move him on as he’s the only deep sitting playmaker he has, it’s why he starts so regularly. I do agree, we need somebody of his type with much more mobility and running power.

I don't think clubs will be spending what they did pre-Covid. Not many would be that interested in Gomes and those that are aren't going to want to pay the wages we are so we wouldn't get much of a transfer fee.

Oh, I'm not saying it's £80k per week particularly well spent. I just feel that if we want to be challenging for the top 4 on a regular basis, then we need 80k a week squad players.

We can't have a squad of 25-30 on that sort of money or more, but we defo need about 18 maybe?

Well I’d counter argue you John, and say Leicester certainly don’t have many £80k a week playeds full stop, and they make it work.

It completely depends on how you create your model, Leicester are now in their second consecutive season of pushing for the top 4, and appear to do it on a moderate shoe string by comparison.

I still feel the way going forward is to bring in young, hungry and ambitious players, who want to prove themselves.

I understand your point, but I think there are alfernate solutions, in a game we’re losing 1-0 for example, l Gomes isn’t the man I’d want to bring on to get the equaliser.

Well I’d counter argue you John, and say Leicester certainly don’t have many £80k a week playeds full stop, and they make it work.

It completely depends on how you create your model, Leicester are now in their second consecutive season of pushing for the top 4, and appear to do it on a moderate shoe string by comparison.

I still feel the way going forward is to bring in young, hungry and ambitious players, who want to prove themselves.

I understand your point, but I think there are alfernate solutions, in a game we’re losing 1-0 for example, l Gomes isn’t the man I’d want to bring on to get the equaliser.

Fair enough mate. I'd counter argue that and say they won't stay there.

We've seen for many years now that the teams who spend the most on wages are the teams that finish higher.

There might be exceptions, but I don't see Leicester being top four challengers for the next couple of decades, do you? Surely that's what we want for Everton though?

Fair enough mate. I'd counter argue that and say they won't stay there.

We've seen for many years now that the teams who spend the most on wages are the teams that finish higher.

There might be exceptions, but I don't see Leicester being top four challengers for the next couple of decades, do you? Surely that's we want for Everton though?

Oh no, I mean we’re alll entitled to our opinions, but if I’m a young footballer like a James Justin, Tielemans, Fofana and Leicester are using players like this and being successful, they become a more appealing club.

Spurs whilst we all laugh at them, we’re very much on par with us and Villa 10 years ago, and broke the top 4 and stayed their and had some success with it, so there’s no reason why Leicester cannot do the same.

I understand that we need to give players wages to come here... James Allan etc, but big wages doesn’t always command a good player, look at Özil at Arsenal, Alexis at United, Bolasie, Sandro at us.

You’ve just got to have balance and if we’ve got young hungry players off the bench, over Gomes then, I’d choose that every time.

Has any player ever just retired to focus on male modeling? If not he not he should be a pioneer. First season exceptional since then a rollercoaster of form. Would hope he gets replaced in the summer doesn't offer enough to justify his inclusion
Didn't Best junior and one of the Beckham boys retire to get photoshopped on Cosmopolitan ?

Can’t make a meaningful pass forward. When he tries it’s straight to an opposition player. He offers nothing going forward and doesn’t make tackles.

He’s a squad player and we need Doucoure back.

I’d rather have Davies than gomes.

My fear is when I watch him is he's just one badly timed tackle away from a red card. The amount of times he snaps at heels but fortunately misses contact is amazing. I'd rather see him come on for the last 20 than go off for the last 20.

Probably a few more grey hairs.

Talk about absolutely getting it wrong repeatedly in the transfer market for Arsenal.

Partey, Gabriel, Pepe, Willian, David Luiz in, then selling Martinez.
£35m on Mustafi, renewing Özil at £375k a week, Lacazette....

They’re just a bigger version of what we had with Koeman and Walsh, over paid, uninterested mercenaries.

Id actually take Gomes over Partey... £45m Jesus.

Yes, they really have suffered at the hands of poor recruitment. Some of the decisions have been baffling.

Although, they still have won four of the last seven FA Cups and are in the semi final of the Europa League so it isn’t all bad.

I thought he was decent in the first half and then faded after the break.
The problem with him is that he doesn't really create much and when you play him with JR and Sigurdsson there is a frightening lack of pace in the team.

Luckily for us I thought Arsenal were very poor last night.
I felt sorry for DCL I don't believe we came close to creating a proper chance for him.

He is best playing in the controlling role in front of the back 4 when you need to protect the ball. I think we should keep him as a sub for games when we're ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.