2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad really does look shot. Wants to go backwards every time he has it. Yet the 2-3 times he did play quick passes yesterday, it got us on the front foot.

The lad really does look shot. Wants to go backwards every time he has it. Yet the 2-3 times he did play quick passes yesterday, it got us on the front foot.
Arsenal were very organised last night, they got back into position really quickly that meant if a pass wasn't on really quickly, he had to go sideways/back to move them around. I thought the Arse played pretty well without being very threatening, they wont concede many if they play like that and Leno wakes up.

Arsenal were very organised last night, they got back into position really quickly that meant if a pass wasn't on really quickly, he had to go sideways/back to move them around. I thought the Arse played pretty well without being very threatening, they wont concede many if they play like that and Leno wakes up.
He does that every game mate

Appreciate what you mean though, they did a good job on James, who had an off night as well

We desperately need pace to stretch teams

either pace in a running sense or pace moving the ball around faster. Either will work

We need both.

A right winger who can really stretch teams. Doesn't need to start every game, but someone who is equally as comfortable making darting runs in behind or getting on the ball and driving at defenders.

A right-back in that sense will help too.

Then a midfielder who can carry the ball and get about the pitch (someone in the Zakaria mould imo, if we can rely on James/Gylfi/new winger to create for us).

Oh no, I mean we’re alll entitled to our opinions, but if I’m a young footballer like a James Justin, Tielemans, Fofana and Leicester are using players like this and being successful, they become a more appealing club.

Spurs whilst we all laugh at them, we’re very much on par with us and Villa 10 years ago, and broke the top 4 and stayed their and had some success with it, so there’s no reason why Leicester cannot do the same.

I understand that we need to give players wages to come here... James Allan etc, but big wages doesn’t always command a good player, look at Özil at Arsenal, Alexis at United, Bolasie, Sandro at us.

You’ve just got to have balance and if we’ve got young hungry players off the bench, over Gomes then, I’d choose that every time.

Great post.

Throw Harvey Barnes in there to, that lad is a very dangerous footballer and very underrated.

Some of the vitriol is OTT but I don’t think most of the fanbase shifting their opinion to think he’s not a very good player is surprising if I’m honest. He very rarely plays well and his numbers are really quite poor for a PL midfielder

Doesnt take much.

I havent turned on him as such, but its pretty clear that he's never going to be what we need in midfield sadly.

He will have good games, but the bad 1s are piling up.

Hes defo not as bad as people suggest tho.

Our best football has been with him in the team. The three with Doucoure and Allan has looked excellent at times.

I just hate that a fan base that once lauded Denis Straquilarsi turns on players so quickly these days.

Our best football has been with him in the team. The three with Doucoure and Allan has looked excellent at times.

I just hate that a fan base that once lauded Denis Straquilarsi turns on players so quickly these days.
When hes on it hes a great player, when he's not, he looks quite bad.

He has a pretty laid back style which has never gone down well with Everton fans.

He's been here for 3 years and played over 70 games, He's a bench option at best.

He's got quality and Carlo rates him. It wasn't that long ago that his ankle was pointing the wrong way. He's played some good stuff this year, not nearly enough, but he'll be better after pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.