2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He gets himself and team-mates into bother by trying to give the ball - and the responsibility - off to others. Playing an immediate pass when it isn't on.

Started the season well but that drop off since the derby is just ludicrously bad.

Actually thought he did well enough coming off the bench against Sheff Utd and West Ham, but he just looks totally inept atm when starting games.

Huge shame.

His ability to keep the ball under pressure is also a bit of a weak point because he takes two, three, four touches for no reason at all just because he can. Sometimes just keep it moving.

It's really sad to see him nowadays when just over a year ago he was the absolute darling of the club.

I mean, he didn't really offer a threat in the final third even before his injury and his stats weren't anything special, but he could control a game and had a bit of aggression to him.

Now he's lost any ounce of pace he had left, he's got no confidence and he allows himself to be bullied by the opposition players.

I see no option but to try and recoup even just a little bit of money in the summer, even if it's about 5m and his wages off the books.

Shame how it's all turned out for him and us.

Drives me mad when I watch him try to pass the Ball to another Blue shirt through an opposing defender. What is he seeing that we can't? The pass isn't on, but he still tries to do it over and over. Madness.

Offers as little as Davies and Siggy but gets less stick, I don’t see him as anything more than a squad player anymore, I’d like him to prove me wrong and become a good regular. Going back to the Davies comparison 1 will earn a small wage and is only 22 and HG the other is not HG probably on a big wage and is 27

Horrific athlete. Always has been. Makes Sigurdsson look like Usain Bolt..

Was a good footballer, during his loan, since then, he's been turbo garb.

His injury is just something used to attempt to explain his "efforts".

Truly terrible. I just want him to koff now.

Too slow, needs too many touches, needs too much time on the ball. He is, undoubtedly, a good footballer, but, not in this country. He would be good in Italy or France, where he would get that bit longer on the ball.
Being honest, he was sussed out during his loan spell and whenever he plays now his opponents close down his space and pressure him which nullifies him.

Status
Not open for further replies.