2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not effective enough to be a player for a genuinely ambitious club. Which is why he signed for us in the first place.

I like to think we've become genuinely ambitious since we swopped for Carlo, so the question now is: how many of our players are worthy of a place at a genuinely ambitious club?

DCL, Richarlison, James, Allan...have either done very well for Everton or have a body of work that speaks for itself

The rest? You could make a case for some of the young players learning their trade, like Godfrey, or some of our newer signings like Doucoure, but they've got it all ahead of them. The likes of Mina, Keane, and Holgate could go either way. The rest are not good enough and are proven failures or over the hill. This is our reality.

All the experience he has and he looks like he’s never played a proper game of football in his life. His passing is poor, his reading of the game is poor, he gets pushed off the ball too easily, he’s clumsy, he’s slow the list is endless. One of the worst central midfielders I’ve seen in an Everton shirt for some time.

I can't be bothered any more to find words for how bad this fella is.

The injury has very little to do with it either.

Posted after United.

Same exact performance again just a couple of weeks later. The story was the same in the weeks and months before the United game and it will be again if today doesn't finish his career at the top level off.

A performance so bad I'm actually lost for words to describe it is actually the level I've rightly come to expect from Gomes in the average game.

He's not just ok, he's not below average, he's absolutely awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.