2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
His forward passing hasn’t been good enough as of yet, and I think James is shouldering far too much of the creative burden because of it. Either Bernard or Iwobi in that central position would create a lot more. Even Sigurdsson would probably be an improvement, he does have a bit of magic in the boots.
I do not think there is any real evidence of this
Bernard maybe ,Iwobi no
Iwobi offered absolutely nothing on Saturday either offensively or defensively

I’ve rated him as an integral part of the midfield this season but I still question his bottle/performances in the bigger games.

He was terrible against Liverpool but has looked decent (nothing more than that - I think Sig would have played just as well) with a better midfield around him this season. We'll need to see more from him as the season progresses if he's to maintain a starting role because having no goals and assists to your name as a midfielder isn't good enough, even if you are cool and calm on the ball.

Weird that Ancelotti picks him regularly. Three times champion league winner Ancelotti plays him whenever her can.

Weird.

....I think because we don’t have a true alternative in the squad. Whilst Allan & Doucoure do all the stuff they do without the ball, Gomes is the one Ancelotti relies on to manage possession, set the tempo and link back to front with his passing range.

Sigurdsson seems more adapt as a conventional no10, so that’s why I think Ancelotti hasn’t got much of an option beyond Gomes.

Pipe down haters. Champaign Footballer.

EJGV4KMW4AAjHxO.jpg

He reminds me of a retired legend player in a charity game. You can see his brain telling the body what to do and there are flashes of skill that come through, but for the most part everything is just so slow and off.

After the injury, he seems to have lost that bite as a team defender. He was never a great tackler, but he always jockeyed well and worked really hard to cut out passing lanes.

I’m all right if he can do one or the other, but he has to either get more involved on the defensive side or get more involved in the attack. I don’t want to say this about Andre as I know he can be much better, but he is nothing more than a glorified and much less productive Ross Barkley atm.

He reminds me of a retired legend player in a charity game. You can see his brain telling the body what to do and there are flashes of skill that come through, but for the most part everything is just so slow and off.
Largely agree. An extra yard of pace in his legs and he'd be much better.. he already has the brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.