2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, Gomes was class today, done really well on and off the ball. It was almost like he got given freedom to go forward without worrying about tracking back, Allan and Doucs gave him that confidence.

As I see it, I think we can count him as our 4th big signing with the newly gained freedom.

I felt he was the weakest link today, but that isn’t a knock on Gomes as much as it is a testament to our improvement in the midfield. Everyone was just excellent. Would like to see him get a bit more comfortable driving with the ball, but good game. Hopefully a sign of things to come

Didn't he come back from international duty early due to lack of fitness? Like a few others he just needs to get his match fitness and sharpness back and he'll be even better.

Thought he was excellent today, helped immensely by having proper midfielders around him, thought he looked really sharp to. That midfield, seriously, really compliment each other.

Thought he was the weak link in the midfield, a bit sloppy at times. If Gomes is your weak link then you know have a good midfield.
Didn’t have a bad game but you could definitely notice the difference.

Basically my interpretation, in the first half.

you could see with him and Sigurdsson why we struggles last season.

I want the same lads from last year like Digne, Coleman, DCL, run their hearts out for the shirt today. Both he and Gylfi were just a little off the pace.

they both gave away possession, however I felt he wqs better in the second half before the change.

Improvemwnr needed, but better, but could be w lot better. Some excellent passes, just caught I. Possession a lot.

So strong on and off the ball. Much better when he doesn't have the entire defensive responsibility in midfield placed on his shoulders - just wish he had a bit more end product but otherwise that was a decent display from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.