2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he looked solid with the better players around him. His best performance since he's come back from injury.

I imagine that James will be utilised centrally if we do end up getting the RW we are apparently after. In which case gomes becomes a good option off the bench.
Also means Gbamin, when he comes back, and maybe even Sigurdsson are the rotational pieces. Pretty good.

Could clearly see a bit of rust, but played one or two good passes forward. What I liked most however, was his strength. Against Liverpool at the pit when he ran the show, with his back to opponents and facing our goal they got absolutely nothing out of him. He simply shielded it, then turned them or played a good ball off. Did that a couple of times today. Very pleasing to see.

Showed good strength on the ball at times today which was pleasing.

I'd expect him to get into more advanced positions in a settled formation, with the shielding now available, and be able to shoot at goal and score a few in the process.

He does the simple things well, but we need more incisiveness from him. You can certainly make a case for how limited he was with less support, but I'm not sure he has the speed of thought required to time runs, or the self-confidence to actually put himself about so that he is in a position to threaten goal more often.

He still was dispossessed way too easily a couple times today. I loved his distribution for the most part tho.
The thing is we can now win it back which helps. He lost it last season it was a shot on goal most of the time as we had nothing in midfield to help cover the defence and Pickford.

Status
Not open for further replies.