2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think the determining factor in his performances is really just if he gets any respect. If teams go after him he is easily bypassed out of possession and pressured into being toothless with the ball. When teams don't get after him he can be decent.
Never rates the lad was poor before his injury. Just looking at the midfield, ok maybe Doucoure & Davies had an excuse.

but we seem to be stuck in this defensive mentality the 3 midfielders were so deep. And nobody pressed Fulham’s midfielders who had all the time in the world to stroll into our half and pick us off.

I think. Maybe just play the 4 CB and hardworking 3 in midfield, Richarlison right, Digne left DCL up top. And play for 1-0. Boring I know, but that the only way this team gets European football.

Try the best we can in the summer to get rid of half this team amd start again . 5/6 players required.

Never rates the lad was poor before his injury. Just looking at the midfield, ok maybe Doucoure & Davies had an excuse.

but we seem to be stuck in this defensive mentality the 3 midfielders were so deep. And nobody pressed Fulham’s midfielders who had all the time in the world to stroll into our half and pick us off.

I think. Maybe just play the 4 CB and hardworking 3 in midfield, Richarlison right, Digne left DCL up top. And play for 1-0. Boring I know, but that the only way this team gets European football.

Try the best we can in the summer to get rid of half this team amd start again . 5/6 players required.
Not the right thread but one thing that would be nice to do is to stop pretending we are one summer away and actually put a plan together

I thought he was dreadful first half, he cant move and doesnt ever try to break lines.. but i think he actually showed for the ball more than any other of our midfield 2nd half.
Still cant have him in our plans as no consistency and cant depend on 2 decent games every 10

I just think he’s a poor player. Not particularly good at anything - weak as anything, doesn’t score goals, slow as a snail...

looks pretty though.
Imagine trying to carry him,
siggurdsson and James. I know James is a great player will have his off days. But how do them 3 make the same pitch.

Look at Leeds. I know they got beat today but look at their team. Only Philips & raphina have a chance at a higher level ie top 4/6 teams. The rest are journeyman. But with a plan, fittness and desire you can by mid table in the prem.

it’s sickening when you see our players and
They couldn’t lay a glove on Fulham, Fulham lol

To be fair to Gomes, none of our midfielders played well today because there was no space or options ahead of them. We had no width, pace or threat in attack at all so all Fulham had to do was get tight to our midfield.

To be fair to Gomes, none of our midfielders played well today because there was no space or options ahead of them. We had no width, pace or threat in attack at all so all Fulham had to do was get tight to our midfield.
But that’s what him and Doucoure should have been doing. Davies seemed the one sitting. So they should have been giving options for the rest of the team. Trying one, twos, pass and move. It was back back back, safe negative football.

I actually thought he may have kept the diamond shape and play king upfront with Richarlison.

The problem with our midfield is none of them are really good enough for where we want to be. They all want to rely on someone else to put a shift in so they can be the supporting act. Gomes is probably the worst of the lot which is some going considering the other ones he's playing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.