2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always had a bit of a snide, which is something I've always liked about him. When he first came in he was really boss at hiding it, now he's just too obvious and it's showing him up a bit.

There are times when has played he looks just so elegant on the ball, maybe he just needs a run of games, who knows what's going on in his head. The funny thing is for some reason I reckon Arsenal would be a good one for him to start.

Cant decide on the pen, but I've noticed now no player ever gets booked for diving, if he dived why no card?
It didnt look like he got the ball, I dunno, main thing is went our way

I've noticed this in a fair few games I've watched this season, some have been laughable dives, yet no yellow cards. Because the decisions have gone to VAR all the ref gets is "no penalty" maybe whoever is doing VAR should say to the ref it was a blatant dive to try and con a pen, then the ref gives a yellow.

Was he always like this, or is it since his injury ?

I know that we did over-rate him at first, like we do with every player we have, but he does seem way off it right now.

Don't think he had the best of appearances last night. I guess we might be seeing more of him in the coming weeks, so I really hope its a case of dusting the cobwebs off... but he's not been right since he came back from THE injury.

Big moment for him now with Allan out. Needs to step up and command the midfield with Doucoure, starting with a flaky Arsenal at the weekend. Needs to get a hold of the ball and drive forward with it more, remembering his goal v Wolves he hasn't done that since his injury.

It's a confidence and self-belief issue with Gomes, it's plagued him throughout his career. Need to get the wheels turning now or he could be shown the door in the summer.

Was he always like this, or is it since his injury ?

I know that we did over-rate him at first, like we do with every player we have, but he does seem way off it right now.
I’d say a bit of both. He was always a bit like this (slow, poor defensively, not a lot of end product) but he’s definitely worse at the moment. Whether it’s the injury, teams targeting him more, or just a form thing I don’t know, but he’s not got many upsides at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.