2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot to be said for the safe pass but bloody hell.

The fella can't tackle.

I can't recall an Everton player weaker in the tackle.

Doesn't intercept, no pace.

Offers nothing going forward.

Drives me insane because he's a good engine when he's happy and things are going well but for me, he can't be starting week in, week out if we're to kick on.

A midfield works as a unit, if any of us had to play with the other 3 we put out we'd have a panic attack and go into our shells too.

he seems to get the ball and is terrified to give it his midfielders, there’s no movement on the flanks, and everyone is just standing still.

but he still needs to at least try and take the game by the scruff of its neck if nothing else is working

Sad to see that level of performance. Was our best midfielder before his injury and was looking ok when he came back. Dunno what has happened during the enforced layoff but something isn't right.

The only thing I will say, as poor as he has been of late, is that we were all really surprised to see him return at all this season given his injury.

Hopefully he can use these games to find his feet, get a good (albeit shortened) pre-season behind him, and hopefully get back to his best for 20/21.

Something just isn't right. Has his injury impacted him mentally? Doesn't seem to play with any of the same swagger or bite.

Him and Sigurdsson are making me look back at the Heitinga/Neville dream team with envy.

Either he's not mentally cut out for top-level football (quite possibly, based on the Barca episode) or he's just a poor footballer. Either way, he has no business playing week in week out in the premier league, for me, unless he changes significantly.

This is just an observation and not necessarily related, but I've never seen someone look like they enjoy playing football less than him and that goes for his entire time here.

Something just isn't right. Has his injury impacted him mentally? Doesn't seem to play with any of the same swagger or bite.

Him and Sigurdsson are making me look back at the Heitinga/Neville dream team with envy.
As @Lanolin said, he’s turned in plenty of performances like that before his injury too

Rubbish showing again but he was for long periods pretty much left on his own in the centre, effectively he was playing as a number 6. He doesn't have legs or tactical awareness to play that role.

He’s crap in general, but he’s always been extra turd away from home, before or after his injury. Fulham away last year, Villa away earlier this season, tonight! Truly abject shyte!

Status
Not open for further replies.