2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you make a good point that he can’t do it by himself. He does need a partner hopefully it’s Gbamin when he comes back so we can use the funds for other key areas. But I’m really looking forward to see how he plays now we play with 2 up top he now as more options ahead of him and he can slot them balls through. Me personally I would like to buy a left cb who is left footed and play Holgate on the right on his natural right side. Gives us better options playing into midfield to help the likes of Gomes. And all the transfer links are linking us with left sided cb.
We have Gomes and Gbamin, and desperately need one more CM who is better than what else is on the cards before selling two of Schneiderlin, Delph and Davies. I'd get rid of the big earners and give Davies one final year to get his act together. Gomes, Gbamin, Davies +1 additional CM.

We desperately need to lose Sigurdsson as he isn't a winger, we aren't playing with a number 10 and he cannot play CM. He should be the first booted out of the door.

In terms of defence, we obviously need to find a taker for Keane because he's not even good enough as a reserve option - heck even Feeney is probably better than him - and then find as good a CM as possible and have him, Mina and Holgate challenging for two positions. If I had to keep one of Mina or Holgate in the XI, it would be Holgate at the moment.

Goes without saying that we also need a complete revamp of our right hand side. Coleman and Walcott will still be on the books but aren't up to it / always injured / only good as reserve options, while Sidibe isn't good enough and shouldn't be bought, and Iwobi is in a similar situation to how I described Sigurdsson above.

We need IN:
Starting RW
Starting RB
Challenging CB
Challenging CM
Backup LB (Baines out of contract)
Challenging LW

We need OUT:
Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Tosun
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Delph
Keane
Bolasie
(Niasse is out of contract and obviously leaving)

We have Gomes and Gbamin, and desperately need one more CM who is better than what else is on the cards before selling two of Schneiderlin, Delph and Davies. I'd get rid of the big earners and give Davies one final year to get his act together. Gomes, Gbamin, Davies +1 additional CM.

We desperately need to lose Sigurdsson as he isn't a winger, we aren't playing with a number 10 and he cannot play CM. He should be the first booted out of the door.

In terms of defence, we obviously need to find a taker for Keane because he's not even good enough as a reserve option - heck even Feeney is probably better than him - and then find as good a CM as possible and have him, Mina and Holgate challenging for two positions. If I had to keep one of Mina or Holgate in the XI, it would be Holgate at the moment.

Goes without saying that we also need a complete revamp of our right hand side. Coleman and Walcott will still be on the books but aren't up to it / always injured / only good as reserve options, while Sidibe isn't good enough and shouldn't be bought, and Iwobi is in a similar situation to how I described Sigurdsson above.

We need IN:
Starting RW
Starting RB
Challenging CB
Challenging CM
Challenging LW

We need OUT:
Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Tosun
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Delph
Keane
Bolasie
Yeah the complete right hand side needs to addressed which for me including a CB our key areas that need to addressed. Midfield option is a must also. We need to hope we get offers for the likes of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun etc. Will take a big hit on all of them unfortunately. We could well be limited to how many players we get also so we need to make sure the players we get are going to improve us.

Yeah the complete right hand side needs to addressed which for me including a CB our key areas that need to addressed. Midfield option is a must also. We need to hope we get offers for the likes of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin, Tosun etc. Will take a big hit on all of them unfortunately. We could well be limited to how many players we get also so we need to make sure the players we get are going to improve us.
100%.

We need IN:
Starting RW
Starting RB
Challenging CB
Challenging CM
Challenging LW

We need OUT:
Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Tosun
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Delph
Keane
Bolasie

Nobody is leaving after one year of a three year deal. Prepare for disappointment.

That said I've got a special bonus for you, Martina is also out of contract.

We need IN:
Starting RW
Starting RB
Challenging CB
Challenging CM
Challenging LW

We need OUT:
Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Tosun
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Delph
Keane
Bolasie

;)

Surprised going by Carlo's prematch comments that he was used as a sub.
Wonder if he felt he was forced to bring him on?

Just hope he starts against Man U.
Although a half time sub to standing ovation would be pretty spesch.

If I was one of our other midfielders and I watched a bloke who’s come back in less than 4 months from a potential career ender get on in the second half, take the piss out of Arsenal and our midfield and totally change the dynamic of the game I would be disgusted in myself.

They should be looking to emulate him, they should train harder, play harder and use him as an example. I don’t understand why the majority of our midfielders can’t get a grip of their dismal careers and start putting in some consistent performances showing a modicum of quality.

We need IN:
Starting RW
Starting RB
Challenging CB
Challenging CM
Challenging LW

We need OUT:
Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Tosun
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Delph
Keane
Bolasie
Keane, Iwobi and Delph all fine squad players.
Sig can't play in a 442 so happy to get shut.
The rest are obvious outs.

If I was one of our other midfielders and I watched a bloke who’s come back in less than 4 months from a potential career ender get on in the second half, take the piss out of Arsenal and our midfield and totally change the dynamic of the game I would be disgusted in myself.

They should be looking to emulate him, they should train harder, play harder and use him as an example. I don’t understand why the majority of our midfielders can’t get a grip of their dismal careers and start putting in some consistent performances showing a modicum of quality.
lack of pace
lack of speed
lack of acceleration
not as good as Gomes

any 2of the above

Status
Not open for further replies.