2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest did you two watch Ancelotti's short interview clip about Gomes?

"In my opinion with a player who has been out a long time, it is better for them to start the match, because you can prepare properly"
Never understood the start on the bench bit, surely it’s better to get an hour in then come off unless the theory is you go on for the last 30 against a tiring team

Never understood the start on the bench bit, surely it’s better to get an hour in then come off unless the theory is you go on for the last 30 against a tiring team

I guess it depends if they think he can last. If he starts and it backfires we have our hands tied to make a sub. If the backfires and we go behind it could have lost us the game putting someone in too early.

I guess it depends if they think he can last. If he starts and it backfires we have our hands tied to make a sub. If the backfires and we go behind it could have lost us the game putting someone in too early.
Always a gamble but I would go with the start option. If he gets through the hour we go from there. If the injury is going to be a problem then it will be whenever he plays. Easy this managing lark;)

Draw at Arsenal and then beat United and Chelsea in the coming weeks and we’ve got every chance at 5th. 6 pointers in a way. Big ask but not impossible.
I mean this it here. If we can do well in these 3 games, winning 2, we’ve got a shot at a CL spot, it would be in our hands. Confidence could do wonders for these boys, Gomes back, kean to kick on. You gotta believe!

When Neves and Tielemans join Everton we'll all stop acting like he's our best midfielder.

Thats fair enough- but just because he's iur best CM doesn't mean our fans have to over rate him either.

If we are to become a CL team under Carlo we'll inevitably have to upgrade on him in terms of a regular starting CM

Status
Not open for further replies.