2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

"In my personal opinion, to go on the pitch from the bench was not so easy for me. But this is a decision for Andre. If Andre wants to start he is ready to start. But together we will take a decision ... ok he can go on the bench and start the next game.

"He's had one full practice game. But the training has been geared towards the intensity of this game. Maybe he can't play 90 minutes of high intensity - this is normal - but his physical condition is good."
What I take from this is Everton now have a coach that brings a mentality far superior to anything we've had in a long time.
He wants Gomes' first game to be one he goes into having prepared to win it.
Putting him in as a sub just to give him time to get back to his full fitness/potential is not good enough - it weakens the mentality of everything thats going on
Gomes may start this one and come on as asub the next one. But for Carlo the important thing is that first moment, that first half, that he brings with him a preparedness and mentality to win.
You cant do that in the first moment, in the same way as a sub. As he says, better to sit ot out for another match.
Speaks volumes about Carlo and the work going on behind the scenes.

Everton Football Club

· 8 min ·

André’s back, tell a friend. — com André Gomes em Emirates Stadium.

85181957_10156625587051277_7155543423557042176_o.jpg

Masturbation? It´s on!

Surprised me, given Carlos words.

But it totally makes sense, im gonna be hiding behind a pillow if he comes on.

Just keep that Xhaka donkey and the little crap pixie away from him.

Carlo said he is ready to start. Which youd hope is the case, otherwise he shouldn't be on the bench.

But he never said he would definitely start. The media spun it.

Status
Not open for further replies.