2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely don't think we have anybody who should be partnering him next season in our squad right now. Clear the decks in the summer - get rid of Delph, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson and Davies - and get a top quality CM in. Then have him, Gomes and Gbamin as our main options. Of course that's too few, so hopefully we could either get another loanee in or keep one of the four I just mentioned as backup, most likely Delph I would say, as much as I can't stand him. Schneiderlin, Davies and Sigurdsson should generate us 20m - 30m in sales, if we are lucky, and that's a good amount to go get a good midfielder.

we will need to be careful though because its not as simple as selling and having the money to spend these days, for example if we sold Sigurdsson for less than say 20mil in the summer, it would count as a loss, say we sold the 3 of them for 10m each, that would only leave us legitimately able to spend about 15million of it (pure profit on davies, 5mil profit on MS's book value, and a 10mil loss on sig's book value) although the wages free'd up would be very very worthwhile obviously.....sorry went a bit off topic there

we will need to be careful though because its not as simple as selling and having the money to spend these days, for example if we sold Sigurdsson for less than say 20mil in the summer, it would count as a loss, say we sold the 3 of them for 10m each, that would only leave us legitimately able to spend about 15million of it (pure profit on davies, 5mil profit on MS's book value, and a 10mil loss on sig's book value) although the wages free'd up would be very very worthwhile obviously.....sorry went a bit off topic there
Interesting points sir - but I am sure there are plenty of creative ways to enable us to get players in. At least there best be, haha! Or we be screwed. 45m for Sigurdsson! Not too aware of the FFP rules myself, what does it mean for us losing 27m Bolasie and 13m Niasse at the end of the season - nothing? City don't seem to have a problem constantly splashing 50m on players for every position, and they definitely aren't selling players for a profit or even for what they were signed for.

Interesting points sir - but I am sure there are plenty of creative ways to enable us to get players in. At least there best be, haha! Or we be screwed. 45m for Sigurdsson! Not too aware of the FFP rules myself, what does it mean for us losing 27m Bolasie and 13m Niasse at the end of the season - nothing? City don't seem to have a problem constantly splashing 50m on players for every position, and they definitely aren't selling players for a profit or even for what they were signed for.

oh of course i fully expect people who are experts in the area to find creative alisher shaped ways of us doing bits this summer

and this whole book value business only really relates to STCC (short term cost control) rather than FFP which is more looking at overall losses etc

bolasie and niasse wont affect anything as they have seen out their contracts, so their book value at that point will be £0

its a very weird system isn't it, but its what has bred this new thing of 2 year loans and massive clubs getting elite players on loan from other massive clubs, because if Madrid buy James for 50mil on a 5 year deal, his book value decreases by 10mil a year, so rather than sell for 30mil after 1 year and make a 10mil loss, they loan out for 3 years and then sell at 30m, technically then making a 10 mil profit

city are still under investigation and although unlikely could well be banned from Europe next season, if UEFA have the minerals

oh of course i fully expect people who are experts in the area to find creative alisher shaped ways of us doing bits this summer

and this whole book value business only really relates to STCC (short term cost control) rather than FFP which is more looking at overall losses etc

bolasie and niasse wont affect anything as they have seen out their contracts, so their book value at that point will be £0

its a very weird system isn't it, but its what has bred this new thing of 2 year loans and massive clubs getting elite players on loan from other massive clubs, because if Madrid buy James for 50mil on a 5 year deal, his book value decreases by 10mil a year, so rather than sell for 30mil after 1 year and make a 10mil loss, they loan out for 3 years and then sell at 30m, technically then making a 10 mil profit

city are still under investigation and although unlikely could well be banned from Europe next season, if UEFA have the minerals
Thanks for the education mate - very insightful! Maybe they would drop the Champions League place to fifth in the league and we could spawn it!

I guess with quite a few of our high-earning players signed on big fees, we'll not be able to sell them due to them refusing to accept a lower wage, so we'll need to go down the Sandro/Bolasie/Niasse route of loaning our year after year then releasing on a fee.

I believe Walcott, Sandro, Tosun, Bolasie Schneiderlin are all up in 2021, with Martina, Stekelenberg, Baines and Niasse up this summer.

Sigurdsson still has two years left - agh!

I think Sigurdsson's book value will be £18m at the end of this season won't it (£45m/5 = £9m with two seasons remaining)? I doubt anyone would cough up £18m and even if they did I can't see anyone matching his wage. If we did manage to sell the three of them for those prices we would actually be £17m up on sales and 250K a week better off in wages, which would be great. The only one I can see leaving is Schneiderlin, however, as I think Davies will be retained as cover (as he's in-club homegrown and on relatively cheap wages) and nobody will go near Sigurdsson.

I think Sigurdsson's book value will be £18m at the end of this season won't it (£45m/5 = £9m with two seasons remaining)? I doubt anyone would cough up £18m and even if they did I can't see anyone matching his wage. If we did manage to sell the three of them for those prices we would actually be £17m up on sales and 250K a week better off in wages, which would be great. The only one I can see leaving is Schneiderlin, however, as I think Davies will be retained as cover (as he's in-club homegrown and on relatively cheap wages) and nobody will go near Sigurdsson.
I was going to reply about how transfer prices work over the length of a contract but you did a good job first haha.

yeah spot on, i was just going off approx. figures when i said "less than say 20m"

Considering the prices in the market now I think the 20m is reachable. The wage however is another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.