2019/20 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracles have been performed to get him to where he is now. I know he wasn't the most rapid player before his injury, so hopefully he hasn't lost any further pace due to this injury.

He's a class act on the field but was missing some consistency in his time with Everton so far. I hope his recovery and training under Carlo can push him onto the next level. He has bags of potential to run the shows for years for us.

I definitely don't think we have anybody who should be partnering him next season in our squad right now. Clear the decks in the summer - get rid of Delph, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson and Davies - and get a top quality CM in. Then have him, Gomes and Gbamin as our main options. Of course that's too few, so hopefully we could either get another loanee in or keep one of the four I just mentioned as backup, most likely Delph I would say, as much as I can't stand him. Schneiderlin, Davies and Sigurdsson should generate us 20m - 30m in sales, if we are lucky, and that's a good amount to go get a good midfielder.

I definitely don't think we have anybody who should be partnering him next season in our squad right now. Clear the decks in the summer - get rid of Delph, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson and Davies - and get a top quality CM in. Then have him, Gomes and Gbamin as our main options. Of course that's too few, so hopefully we could either get another loanee in or keep one of the four I just mentioned as backup, most likely Delph I would say, as much as I can't stand him. Schneiderlin, Davies and Sigurdsson should generate us 20m - 30m in sales, if we are lucky, and that's a good amount to go get a good midfielder.

Gueye would have been ideal

Status
Not open for further replies.